This is an exciting role for a Design Specialist. An opportunity to work with a small design team to work with UI, motion studies, prototypes, apps, full-body-gesture interfaces, touch screens etc.
This award winning technology and user-centric studio is focused on rich visual design, and real human-experience to craft beautiful and thoughtful digital products that have lasting impact.
You are an exceptional collaborator and will work with a team of 5 designers and 6 Developers. You will not be managing anyone directly, but the there is likely opportunity here as the client here is growing.
You are expected to bring a strong point of view, challenge and inspire the team and push boundaries to elevate your work.
You are confident in presenting your work internally and to clients, and demonstrate the highest level of independence. You are responsible for not only producing exemplary work for 1 to 2 projects at a time, but also collaborating effectively with the design team.
You will be able to discuss and weigh strategic aspects of any project at any time, and collaborate with Technology and Production to create beautiful and functional digital experiences from our client's point of view.
You will also:
• Work with the Design Director to determine the best allocation of
resources to achieve project and studio goals
• Monitor and evaluate functional level of project teams, providing
feedback and support when necessary, so that teams can be or achieve
• Promote and maintain friendly, motivational, can-do, team-oriented
• Travel to physical locations for various reasons, including but not
limited to client meetings, presentations, and installations
This position reports to the Design Director in weekly 1:1 check-ins.
You are comfortable with 70% hands on design work and 30% management.
Qualifications & Skills
• 6+ years professional design experience in a studio/ agency environment
• Has a strong and complete understanding of visual design (composition,
typography, branding, image making)
• Has complete understanding of hands-on design skills and a mastery
of digital design principles
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to
articulate their thinking to colleagues, clients, and the design industry
• Great leadership skills