Our client is looking for a Sr User Experience Researcher to help out the e-commerce team see the world from the customers’ perspective. They are looking for a strong UX Researcher to help establish best research practice. As a Sr User Experience Researcher, you will be responsible for planning, defining, conducting and synthesizing research efforts to inform the strategy and design for our $3 billion, multi-channel e-commerce business. You’ll work across several product teams, partnering with designers, product managers and other functions in the delivery of high-performing user experiences for the website,mobile apps, and kiosks. PLEASE NOTE: This person will need to have strong generative research skills along with usability testing. This position requires someone with teaching and/or workshop presentation skills as they will be mentoring junior researchers.
- Conduct research activities, including interviews, contextual inquiries, field visits, prototype evaluations and more, focused on understanding our customers and their behaviors and motivations.
- Create generative research plans, identifying goals, developing participant screeners and writing discussion guides.
- Synthesize insights into actionable insights and guidance: persona's, journey maps, mental models, usability reports, etc. for shared and future use. Balance the level of detail for documentation with time.
- Assist in building our study archiving system, research library and study in-take process
- Advocate for usability, accessibility and good user experience design throughout the product development process.
- Present to diverse audiences including e-commerce team members and executives in an easy to understand way, leveraging best practices of storytelling.
- Lead UX design team members and project stakeholders in incorporating research findings into projects.
- Work with our analytics team to align and complement qualitative and quantitative efforts and insight.
- Partner with A/B testing analyst to generate and prioritize test ideas and make recommendations.
- Conduct workshops about user research and user centered design
- Present research insights in a digestible story at different levels of depth depending on the audience.