Senior User Experience Designer Position Purpose
The Senior User Experience Designer works to create exceptionally high quality user experiences through the detailed planning and design of projects such as interactive applications, responsive websites, and emails.
The Senior UXD collaborates with clients and team members to define, estimate, create, and deliver the visual assets for digital projects, which conform to brand and industry best practices. He or she is also responsible for the creation of task flows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, and usability analysis for these projects. The Senior UXD works closely with junior and senior designers as a mentor to ensure that work meets and exceeds the organization’s design standards and that it is adhering to project specifications and IA/UX principles. They also work closely with the development group to ensure the final product adheres to the designs.
● Develops the IA and art aspects of digital projects
● Works on projects throughout the entire lifecycle to ensure they meet creative needs and
● Works on project to establish a high standard for the company’s creative output
● Accurately interprets and utilizes client/market information;; asks relevant questions to
clarify expectations, and extracts the right information to effectively meet the needs of the
● Constantly explores new ideas and information to expand on or improve the creative;;
often reaches for the bigger, bolder idea when solving creative problems
● Produces high-quality work that indicates consistency and attention to detail
● Creates and conducts formal concept presentations for internal meetings;; presents
concepts and executions in a logical manner
● Can articulate how the creative works to achieve specific objectives
● Develops and maintains relationships with outside talent and other services
● Mentors the junior and senior designers on staff
● Consistently meets tight deadlines for internal presentation, review, and completion
● Manages project resources to remain on budget and on time;; anticipates issues and
recommends solutions to ensure timeliness of projects
● Prepares accurate estimates for creative related tasks
● Directs and manages in-house and outside creative resources to meet projects’
objectives, specifications, and creative vision
● Keeps abreast of industry trends, events and awards;; consistently keeps up with award annuals and other publications
● Continues to expand industry knowledge by seeking out resources to grow creative abilities;; keeps abreast of new tools and new digital graphic techniques and searches for innovative solutions
● Maintains current knowledge of web design techniques
● Maintains current knowledge of mobile trends and platform differences
● Shares and engages with rest of creative department to exchange knowledge
● Maintains current knowledge of print materials and production techniques
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Excellent design skills and experience with production graphics, image manipulation, typography, layout and color
● A strong portfolio
● Strong written and presentation skills, comfortable working directly with clients
● High attention to detail and able to solve visual design challenges
● Understanding of web development processes
● Strong understanding of software UI mechanics, navigational constructs, and
● 8+ years experience in interactive design
● Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Graphic Design or equivalent experience
● Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
● Strong knowledge of web UI execution (HTML/CSS)
● Strong knowledge of mobile user interfaces including iOS and Android
● Familiarity with file version control and electronic routing systems
● Understanding of common web scripting languages
● Meets project deadlines by managing time and priorities
● Takes responsibility for details and consistency
● Juggles many tasks without losing focus
● Communicates changes to team members in a timely manner.
● Has a point of view and expresses it with conviction in speaking and writing.
● Listens to, acknowledges and responds to others appropriately.
● Presents ideas clearly and persuasively based on a solid rationale.
● Confidently asks questions to clarify expectations and to move the project forward.
● Discerning disposition;; knows when to be persistent and when to concede.
● Develops original and innovative ideas.
● Approaches work with a sense of adventure.
● Develops creative capabilities;; stays current with culture and trends.
● Possesses a resilience of spirit;; bounces back from disappointment quickly.
● Maintains balance and flexibility under stress.
● Demonstrates passion and drive for the work.
● Demonstrates ability to work on-demand outside of typical work environment.
● Thinks things through;; sorts and processes information to produce relevant work.
● Understands and applies marketing tactics appropriate to client objectives.
● Extends creative concept into tactics appropriate to target audiences.
● Develops project concepts collaboratively.
● Develops and maintains vendor and internal resources and relationships for getting things done.
● Challenges self and others think beyond what the client has requested.
● Accurately estimates and manages project costs.
● Effectively plans for and utilizes staff and freelance resources.
Executive Director, User Experience
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Senior User Experience Designer Position Purpose