Our client is a top-tier oilfield service company with a century-long track record, delivers solutions that help oil and gas operators make the most of their reservoirs.
Collaboration is the foundation on which they build their business. They listen to clients to understand their unique challenges and then develop solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery, and boost overall return on investment throughout the life of an oil or gas asset.
With more than 50,000 employees in 90 countries, their local geomarket teams work side by side with customers to engineer reliable application-specific products and services.
We encourage you to learn more about them; Core Values, Centers of Excellence, Community Involvement, Corporate Social Responsibility and Protecting the Environment.
Our client is looking forward to the next 100 years of working side by side with their customers to continue expanding the limits of oil, gas and alternative energy drilling, completion and production through innovation problem solving.
The User Experience and User Interface group under the Products and Technology division is immediately looking for a Senior User Experience Architect to join their team. This is a long-term temporary position and you will be working onsite at their location in Houston, Texas. Our client is pleased to announce the current build of their state-of-the-art Innovation and Usability Lab. This will be a dedicated environment to User Experience, with focus on usability testing, research and design thinking.
The team is currently working on a large portfolio of initiatives that focus primarily on the designing and testing of field and mobile applications for the Drilling and Evaluations division.
As the Senior User Experience Architect, you will be responsible for scoping, defining and optimizing how the information is structured and presented to the end users. You will also be responsible for building out low and medium fidelity wireframes that will shape the project vision and collaborate with the designers to translate and transition the overall blueprint to ensure that user centered design standards maintain integrity and are reflected in the next design phase. You will also have the ability to produce process maps and act as a contributor to the requirements specifications document to help describe the overarching user experience.
You will have hands-on experience in Information Architecture and how to leverage user-friendly guidelines and user centered design standards and apply them to your IA and UI deliverables. You will also have the ability to effectively communicate your deliverables to the immediate team, development team, focused user groups and business stakeholders when necessary.
- This is considered a blended role of core User Experience disciplinary skill sets that include Information Architecture and User Interface Design. Hands-on experience in both domains is required.
- Previous experience with intense data-driven process flows via Internet and Intranet is required.
- Previous experience in upstream oil and gas application development a plus, not necessary.
- Experience with mobile or application design a strong plus.
- We are looking for self-starters that are highly motivated in design, information architecture, content display and current with industry trends.
- Strong communication is key.
- Experience working in a corporate environment is key.
- Experience working within an Agile and Waterfall environment.
- Portfolio samples are required. Your portfolio should contain both IA and UI work samples. Help us understand your thought process through detailed-oriented deliverables from varying iterations of a project.
•The UX team is tool agnostic but experience in Adobe Creative Suite and Fireworks is a preference.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs