Our client is a top-tier oilfield service company with a century-long track record, delivers solutions that help oil and gas operators make the most of their reservoirs.
Collaboration is the foundation on which they build their business. They listen to clients to understand their unique challenges and then develop solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery, and boost overall return on investment throughout the life of an oil or gas asset.
With more than 50,000 employees in 90 countries, their local geomarket teams work side by side with customers to engineer reliable application-specific products and services.
We encourage you to learn more about them; Core Values, Centers of Excellence, Community Involvement, Corporate Social Responsibility and Protecting the Environment.
Our client is looking forward to the next 100 years of working side by side with their customers to continue expanding the limits of oil, gas and alternative energy drilling, completion and production through innovation problem solving.
The User Experience and User Interface group under the Products and Technology division is immediately looking for a Senior Usability Analyst / Researcher to join their team. This is a long-term temporary position and you will be working onsite at their location in Houston, Texas. Our client is pleased to announce the current build of their state-of-the-art Innovation and Usability Lab. This will be a dedicated environment to User Experience, with focus on usability testing, research and design thinking.
The team is currently working on a large portfolio of initiatives that focus primarily on the designing and testing of field and mobile applications for the Drilling and Evaluations division.
As the Senior Usability Analyst / Researcher, you will be responsible for leading the usability research and analysis for the division, resulting in increased smart-functionality for a more intuitive end user experience. You will be responsible for conducting user analysis to identify areas for improved user experience, development of personas and scenarios. You will have the ability to perform card sorts and conduct cognitive walkthroughs. This position will give you the opportunity to heavily be involved in the development and maintenance of our onsite user-testing lab! In addition, you will be a key contributor in re-defining the testing process.
You will also have the ability to effectively communicate your findings and analysis to the immediate UX team, development team, focused user groups and business stakeholders when necessary.
- Previous experience with intense data-driven process flows and functionality via Internet, Intranet and device is highly sought after.
- Previous experience in upstream oil and gas application development a plus, not necessary.
- Experience with mobile or application platforms a strong plus.
- We are looking for self-starters that are highly motivated in user-friendly platforms, technologies, devices and environments and also stay current with industry trends.
- Strong communication is key.
- Experience working in a corporate environment is key.
- Experience working within an Agile and Waterfall environment.
- Portfolio samples are required. Your portfolio should contain user research and analysis-specific deliverables. We want to understand your thought process inside and out so we encourage you to share your ‘raw inputs’ into your project work.
• The UX team is tool agnostic but experience in tOBE is preferred.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs