Aquent's Fortune 500 client in Boca Raton, FL is looking for a Sr. UX/UI Designer for a 6 month assignment (40/hrs 5 days, on site) with potential to extend beyond.
This position currently has no direct management responsibilities; however, may lead to an opportunity under the E-commerce Creative Director to manage the UX design team.
- Conceptualize, design and develop user interface designs in a fast-paced online/mobile environment. Consumer applications as well as enterprise platforms
- Collaborate with stakeholders within a multi-disciplinary team to gather design requirements and translate those requirements into high-quality visual solutions
- Understand UI/UX best practices and drive improvements in designs and methodology
- Design and develop user interface components and assets
- Realize product concepts into visually compelling application designs
- Create models that form the theoretical foundation for great solutions: workflow diagrams, flowcharts, storyboards, personas, etc.
- Establish a high-level vision for the solution
- Collaborate closely with business stakeholders, product owners and development leads
- Create low-fi sketches and wireframes to establish the rough direction
- Create precise, hi-fidelity mock-ups and interactive prototypes for phased user testing
- Conduct usability testing and provide analysis
- Write thorough UI design specifications and style guides
- Support developers through the development phase
- Design and documentation of user interfaces from detailed business requirements for application development, public and contract site
- Responsible for the Client's image library and setting standards for use of icons, images, style sheets across all applications and web sites
- MUST HAVE A STRONG PORTFOLIO THAT REFLECTS YOUR EXPERIENCE
- 2-3 years: Agile experience (Scrum/ Kanban)
- 3 years: Experience in creating user-centered designs
- 3 years: Experience in designing for mobile devices
- 3 years: Experience in researching users and conducting usability testing
- 4 years: Technical experience in HTML and CSS Coding
- 6 years: Related work experience in Technology and/or E-commerce
- Experience designing consumer, enterprise software, and transactional web sites (e-commerce, Mobile, etc.).
- Strong skills in Sketch, Axure, Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Experience in researching users and conducting usability testing.
- Natural ability to empathize with different end user groups
- Strong visual design skills and a detailed knowledge of fundamental design principles and disciplines that affect typography, color use, animation, composition, use of space, weight etc.