Aquent is currently looking for a UX Designer who will collaborate with colleagues in UX, business and IT to develop compelling and intuitive user interface designs for web and mobile users.
Senior UX Designer
This is a senior-level role, requiring proven leadership ability and considerable experience contributing at a high level to the success of a thriving design practice. In addition to talent, we’re looking for good character. High integrity and aptitude for servant leadership are among the most important qualities we look for. The successful candidate must have the intellect and tactfulness to articulate design principles, defend design decisions, and represent the direction of design leadership. In addition, this role requires the maturity to collaborate effectively, as well as the imagination and creative discipline to succeed within the framework of a closed design system. As a member of a high-functioning team of UX professionals responsible for continually evolving an established Fortune 500 brand, you must have the ability to make the objective concerns of business and user experience your first priority.
This client's UX design practice is well-established and award winning. The work they do is fast-paced, big in scope, and generates immediate results for the success of the company and it's customers. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who thrives in a collaborative setting. On this team, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside some of the industry’s top researchers, designers and developers. If you have a heart for innovation, a head for problem solving, and the humility to apply your talents to something larger than yourself, this may be the right opportunity.
• Execute world class user interface design for consumer and business-facing digital applications, meeting enterprise accessibility and design standards, under the supervision of the UX Design Director
• Faithfully represent, delegate and carry out the direction of UX leadership to continually ensure work product meets enterprise brand, accessibility and design standards
• Operate in an Agile environment, partnering across business, human factors, information architecture, content strategy and development disciplines to meet business objectives
• Represent the UX practice—its ideals, standards, and methods—as an advocate, individual contributor and partner to colleagues in a variety of other disciplines and business areas
• Engage and lead colleagues in research, knowledge sharing, and critique to help maintain the integrity of the Ally design system, while continually aligning to best practices, industry standards and emerging digital trends
• Transform data into compelling visualizations that present important details in an intuitive way
• Tailor interface designs to changes in device context by scaling or transforming UI components & patterns
• Design conspicuous, intuitive visual cues that give users confidence to complete tasks and avoid mistakes
• Various other duties as assigned
• Bachelors Degree, Masters desired, with Major field of study in Graphic Design, Computer Science, Human Factors, Web Design, Information Systems or Visual Arts
• 4-6 years experience executing digital design at a major agency, retail or financial services institution or large ecommerce site
• Proficiency in Sketch, InVision, and Adobe CC
• Working knowledge of rudimentary HTML and CSS
• Experience in the application of human-centered design principles
• Must be highly innovative and inspire commitment to a higher standard
• Mobile-first design mindset with demonstrated capability and experience