For this assignment, Aquent's client is looking for a Sr. UX Writer who is passionate about working on content creation, validation, and refinement for fast-paced production projects. You will work closely with the UX writing and design teams from South Korea and lead the local UX writing team in Mountain View.
The Sr. UX writer has three major roles:
- Write and edit the UI text for multiple apps and services.
- Train and manage members of the local UX writing team.
- Act as a liason between local UX writers and the UX writing team from South Korea.
You should have experience working closely with UX Designers and app developers. You should also have experience working with wireframes and design specifications. You should be self-directed and will seek out anyone to get the answers you need. You must be able to write and edit text quickly and accurately without supervision.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Familiarize yourself with client's content creation and validation system and train yourself and your team members with the help of UX writing team from South Korea
- Contribute to medium-term team planning regarding personnel, projects, and process improvements
- Create original copy, meta descriptions, and title tags to fit our information architecture structure and brand voice
- Refine and validate content (text and voice) created by UX designers based on UI specifications and UX writing guidelines
- Research and stay abreast of copywriting and technical communication best practices and trends
- 5-7 years of professional experience writing in English. UX writing experience preferred
- Korean laungage skill (in particular reading) is a huge plus as many of UX design guideline documents are in Korean
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Design, or a related field
- Understanding of how to write for mobile apps with communication skills effective for various audiences
- Understanding of mobile usability and web best practices
- Strong writing and editing skills with an eye for detail and a style that maximizes usability and accessibility
- Experience with ambitious deadlines while leading 2-3 staff members on multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to adapt your writing style to an established brand voice
- Portfolio that includes print and/or digital samples
- Comfort asking questions and tracking down answers
- Strong sense of initiative, ownership, and follow-through
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook