AQUENT is partnering with one of our COOLEST clients to help them hire a Senior User Experience Researcher for their team in Plano, TX.
We are looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to lead the creation, moderation and analysis of user research for design teams in our digital organization.
The Senior User Experience Researcher’s responsibilities include leading and creating experiential research designs, collection of data for analysis, and generation of insights. You will work to improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of our tools in collaboration with Designers, Design Strategists, Design Content Specialists, Product Managers, Software Developers, and other Stakeholders.
• Conduct empathy interviews, quantitative and qualitative user testing and analysis
• Conduct user research (empathy interviews, ethnographies and/or contextual inquiries) to develop user personas and complete user needs analysis and hierarchical task analysis (HTA)
• Actively monitor and analyze research, data, and trends from internal sources, academic research, and industry published reports to inform and improve our research methods
• Effectively and intelligently help in the iteration of designs by pinpointing key data points from testing, reviews, etc.
• Present and communicate research and analysis clearly and effectively across various organizations in any format required. Able to sell, support, explain, and simply present approach and research to various audience types from sophisticated design experts to non-designers
• Conduct usability testing of tools and apps
• Work across teams to identify priorities and add to existing roadmap for research that aligns with upcoming design and product cadence.
• Work with design and product teams to determine research goals and objectives and advise team on how to approach research.
• Provide advisory support for teams who aren’t currently directly supported by a Researcher.
• A degree in computer science, human computer interaction, human factors, usability or related field.
Education: BA/BS or MA/MS in behavioral science, computer science (with HCI focus) or closely related discipline. Qualifying fields include but are not limited to: Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology (Cognitive or Experimental), Interface Design, Computer Science. Experience in field applications is a plus.
• 5-8 years of experience managing user-centered design methodologies, user centered design and usability
• Experience with agile usability and agile methodologies a plus
• Basic knowledge and understanding of Design Thinking and Lean Startup
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to present complex qualitative and quantitative data to diverse audiences in a understandable format
• Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
• Experience in gaining active end-user involvement in the specification, design, and implementation phases through interviews, site visits and other observational methods (web analytics, remote logging, remote un-moderated usability studies, etc).
• Excellent leadership skills and the ability to successfully resolve conflicts on a team
• The ability to manage a User Centered Design lifecycle process
- Looking for someone with research skills
- Must have usability testing skills
- Strong communication skills are required
- Someone that is more senior and can guide others
- Someone that does not require hand holding
Culture: Fast paced, juggling multiple projects etc..
- The team works in an agile framework