Exciting opportunity to work at high visibility and lots of growth. Thoughtful, passionate designer needed to contribute in all phases of design.
Native Android mobile app experience, mastery of Material Design principles and top notch visual design skills are required.
The UX team works closely with Product and Engineering to create compelling user experiences for multiple native mobile apps. Our mission is to create engaging and successful native apps for Android — we’ve done that. One app delivers world class support to customers in the US. This is a relatively mature product with 7 million monthly active users. Another app has an e-commerce focus, making it easy for consumers to purchase direct from their mobile device. This launched for the 2016 holiday season and promises to redefine the shopping experience. Both apps have a 4+ star rating on the Google Play Store. In the coming quarters, we are expanding cross platform, to new business areas and new users.
This is a great time to join the team, as we take on new challenges and build upon our success. What’s next is only limited by our imagination.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
• Bachelor's Degree with 10-14 years of directly related experience is required, or equivalent experience. • Advanced degree in business, graphic design or similar field with 10+ years’ experience preferred.
• 10+ years’ experience UX and mobile design required
• Portfolio with 3+ examples of native Android apps using Material Design
• Production expertise and compelling visual design skills required
• Comfortable working through all phases of design: Discovery, Concepts, Prototyping, User Testing, Final Specification • Proficient in Sketch and some experience with prototyping tools such as: Principle, Flinto or Pixate
• Takes initiative and is passionate about doing great design
• Enjoys working in a fast paced and collaborative environment
• The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiples levels within the company and with external contacts including carrier customers, authorized service agents, sales & equipment service representatives, etc. Must be able to influence others in acceptance, approval and to provide technical clarification.
• The ability to gather and analyze data from multiple sources, prepare spreadsheets, charts, graphs and tables of information and to plan and prioritize multiple work assignments.
• The ability to read, write and provide critical technical review and prepare reports, technical manuals, test procedures and technical product repair information.
• Demonstrated English language competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external communications, especially in training of repair technicians communications of troubleshooting techniques.
• Work under very little supervision and guidance to identify and ensure achievement of production team goals and to complete individual work assignments within established time frames.
• The demonstrated ability to solve problems involving highly diverse conditions requiring creativity to search for solutions among learned things.
• Exposed to situations where only broad and general guidelines for solving problems exist.
• Job duties require analysis and judgment of functional practices and daily experiences be used to determine appropriate courses of action.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with senior levels within the organization and within external contacts.