About the role
UX Architects at Staples work as part of a larger Customer Experience Team. We’re an established group of passionate and talented UX Architects and Research/Usability experts, focused on the customer, who love what we do, and have fun doing it together. We partner closely with Engineering, Creative and eCommerce business units for Staples websites and mobile applications globally. We are looking for smart, curious and passionate people to join our team!
The ideal candidate for this position must have a thorough grounding as an Information Architect and in interaction design. He/she must be able to create, produce and refine ideas and be able to architect and communicate the experience clearly to a wide and varied audience.
• Facilitate user interface definition sessions by leading teams through white boarding exercises and discussions.
• Identify key user-interaction requirements by participating in white boarding sessions and other brainstorming activities.
• Pin-point important issues that may require further user research by collaborating with usability resources.
• Architect user interaction solutions/schema based on sound usability principles, research and technical feasibility.
• Express these solutions through design documents such as sitemaps, architecture-maps, user flows, thumbnail flows, and wireframes.
• Partner with Usability Manager on research plans and integrate findings into design through an iterative process.
• Appropriately use personas.
• Synthesize information from a variety of sources or disciplines to arrive at a broader, deeper understanding of issues.
• Establish clear, realistic timelines for goal accomplishment and coordinate planning efforts with other teams.
• Investigate and adopt best practices and lessons learned from within and outside Staples.
• Generate innovative ideas, solutions, and opportunities and find ways to apply those ideas to enhance business results.
• Build coalitions or alliances to garner support for ideas and create a foundation for future influence.
• Facilitate the effective interaction and contribution of co-workers and external partners.
• Adapt content and level of detail in written and spoken communications to meet audience’s needs.
• Relate well to a variety of people regardless of backgrounds, knowledge, styles, talents, perspectives, values and beliefs.
• Maintain a positive outlook and sense of humor in difficult situations.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 4 years of experience as an Information Architect, Interaction designer, UI designer, UX architect or other similar User Experience role.
• Portfolio demonstrating expertise in user experience design, including the research and processes that led to those design decisions
• Experience in leading high-level, cross-functional definition meetings that map out the user experience.
• Experience managing clients essential.
• Master’s degree in a related discipline (i.e. Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design, Industrial Design).
• Background in a retail/e-commerce environment and/or web-based application design preferred.
• Experience creating interactive prototypes helpful.
• Understanding of system development methodology including the Software Development Life Cycle and techniques for contextual inquiry and task analysis helpful.
• Proficiency in Axure.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
About the role