Do you like to build modern powerful software tools? Would you like to help a company transform how our sales, service and advice representatives, engage with clients from a desperate system to an unified tools experience? Interested in building powerful software tools, helping move legacy platforms to a space of innovation?
Our client User Experience and Design Team is looking for a systems thinker that focuses on the user flows before screen designs. The role will work with business and technology partners to streamline experience from a set of separate, disjointed systems to a single unified system.
This design leadership role will consist of about 75% hands on design and 25% collaborative design strategy and leadership introducing and operationalizing the UX function to existing dev and business teams working within an agile delivery framework.
The broader User Experience and Design team is responsible for software design across mobile, web and desktop platforms. We are a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers, visual designers, prototypers and researchers. We work with strategic business and technology partners across the enterprise to build best-in-class software experiences for our users.
The team is responsible for:
- Facilitate collaborative design sessions including sketching and ideation.
- Lead design reviews and drive decisions.
- Effectively “sell” design solutions to partners through design storytelling and by demonstrating trace-ability in the design thinking.
- Represent the design team brand, and deliver a consistent design process to partners.
- Understand great designs are achieved iteratively.
- Visualize ideas in a clear form (sketch, diagram, wireframe or prototype) and provide appropriate level documentation.
- Set expectations with the project team and prioritize activities.
- Create and maintain design schedules.
- Communicate status and agreements with project team.
- Review work with UX managers, keep them updated on project status and escalate items appropriately.
Design Expertise and Execution
- Maintain the high standards set by the group.
- Conduct the primary design activities, create deliverables and conduct QA at an expert level.
- Participate and support research efforts.
- Commit to improving our process and methods with an emphasis on both effectiveness and efficiency.
Teamwork, Collaboration and Engagement
- Work well with all partners to deliver work.
- Support UX team members.
- Strategically listen to feedback and help guide the delivery
- Collaborative and cooperative.
- Has a design position but is not rigidly fixed when presented with new information.
- Passionate about team, our mission and the needs of our partners and users.
- Enthusiastic about UX design.
Empathy & Curiosity
- Understand user needs, walking in their shoes when possible.
- Focus on innovation and improvement.
- Regularly learns more about design theory, practice and tools.
Why your work matters:
- You will support an engaged set of internal users
- You will learn how balance functionality against complexity on platforms that server our internal customer service teams
- You will work with an engaged design team that fosters a learning environment.
What you have:
- 6 + years of rich interaction design focused on digital products
- 1+ year of interaction design experience for touch-based mobile interfaces is a plus
- An online portfolio demonstrating interaction design process and thinking
- Experienced with all aspects of a user-centered interaction design process, including user research, developing user flows, creating wireframes, conducting usability tests and creating annotated design specifications
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an iterative process and an Agile development methodology
- Strong self-management skills, comfortable with substantial responsibility, working directly with our client partners
- Capable of creating and managing your design project schedules
- Proficient in design tools like Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure
- Experience running design sessions with cross-functional teams
- Effective relationship builder--ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types
- Comfort in a project-oriented work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic
- Salesforce service cloud, financial services cloud and lightning experience nice to have
- Experience integrating UX into Agile development methodology and routines