Senior UX Designer
The Seattle office is seeking candidates for both full time and contract roles. The Senior User Experience Architect guides the team through user-centered design activities, blending business & user goals to create the ideal online experience. The Sr. UXA documents this process and is responsible for the final information structure. Common project deliverables are personas, use-case scenarios, content inventory, workflow diagrams, phasing plans, site maps, wireframes, digital prototypes, functional specifications, editorial and information design recommendations.
At our client, the UX participates in design crits, helps to scope and plan new project work, and participates in new business pitches. Client and company education on best practices is highly valued. The Sr. UXA reports to the Director of the Creative group.
• Collaborate with Account Director, PM, Analytics Lead and Client to establish project goals & success metrics for the project. Owns customer objectives/goals/needs definition.
• Research and propose user-centered design framework for project discovery and planning phase. Propose scope, budget, and phased timeline for IA work. Collaborate with Usability Analyst to recommend user research and evaluations to be conducted.
• Partner with the Account Director, Analytics, and Project Manager to evaluate and recommend appropriate metric tracking for client web sites and e-mail campaigns.
• Collaborate on top level log file analysis. Provide recommendations for site enhancements as part of the Analytics report deliverable and presentation.
• Research and propose information architecture strategy for the web channel.
• Work with Usability Researcher to recommend research.
• Responsible for customer definition – working with client and team to define basic segmentation of audience types, customer lifecycle & needs for web. Make strategy/experience recommendations for getting customers to move through the lifecycle. Recommend data points and metrics to determine whether needs are met along the customer lifecycle.
• Responsible for gathering customer requirements, analyzing/recommending experience design, and overseeing execution of those requirements.
• Assist UR and QA Lead with test plans. Note areas for user and QA testing throughout the creation of IA deliverables. Incorporate user feedback into IA deliverables.
• Responsible for info arch of key customer paths. Collaborate with AD on information design for those key paths. Defend design decisions with industry & academic research.
• Create, present, and maintain all information architecture deliverables, user scenarios, task flow diagrams, sitemap/navigation scheme/taxonomy, wireframes, interaction outline/spec, copy direction.
• Collaborate with writer on messaging.
• Collaborate with Art Director on interface design and interaction.
• Collaborate with Project Mgr on content plan and functional specification. For applications and task sequences, the IA documents interaction/interface specification to accompany functional specification.
• Collaborate with writer on overall messaging and story.
• Be an active member/lead the pitch team. Contribute to ideas and strategy for new projects; create/assist proposals for follow on work as appropriate. Assist team with project plans, scope & budget.
• Forecast and manage UXA tasks to completion within budget and timeline targets.
Required Skills, Education & Experience:
• Professional experience as an interactive designer, user experience designer, information architect, or interactive architect.
• Professional experience leading a project team.
• Portfolio of work REQUIRED. Include examples of all areas of interaction design (user flows, wireframes, final graphical display).
• Highly organized, strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• MS Preferred, BA/BS required or years of professional experience in Human Factors, Psychology, Design, user interface design, or related field.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Senior UX Designer