Top Media Publishing client is seeking a Senior UX Designer for a full-time, direct hire opportunity!
About The Client:
We create engaging and effective experiences for the modern world. Our UX work is data-driven and audience inspired, rooted in deep user research and best-in-class design solutions. As a Senior UX Designer, you need to lead user-centered research and strategy, be well-versed in the latest usability solutions and UI patterns and a collaborative team player – all rolled into one. You will sit in the center of creative, technology, and strategy to bring ideas together, in the name of the user, to create innovative UX solutions that work across a variety of digital touchpoints. You will be the user advocate from concept to launch, understanding target audiences' needs, tasks, and goals and translating them into UX strategies and deliverables.
Ideally, you bring science to the subjective and have a passion for turning complex problems into elegant, easy-to-use digital experiences.
What you’ll be responsible for:
· Providing a future-thinking, user-focused experience perspective to project teams and clients
· Being the leading voice of the user throughout the process while working against business goals and technical realities
· Leading user research by conducting user validation and usability testing sessions along with other forms of qualitative and quantitative customer research
· Conducting competitive analyses of other websites and apps
· Translating user research and strategy principles into UX Design deliverables such as user stories, user journeys, site blueprints, user flows, wireframes, and functional specifications
· Helping design and craft prototypes for user testing
· Working iteratively with the Strategy, Creative and Development teams to ensure that your UX solutions are effectively implemented
· Standing in front of a room of clients and colleagues to present your UX solutions with clear explanations, data to back them up, and clever reasoning skills
· Exploring new, competing experiences and UX/UI methods
· 3-5 years experience (and a portfolio to prove it) as a key, hands-on UX Designer for a design agency or enterprise corporation
· Bachelor's degree in Information Science, User Experience, Graphic Design or related field
· Expertise in modern UX strategy, research, design methodologies
· Experience leading UX on enterprise-level website or app projects for Fortune 1000 companies
· Strong understanding of responsive and adaptive web design, web accessibility and app design principles
· Deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design methods
· Understanding of an iterative and collaborative process, and how to execute when the time comes
· Experience planning, conducting and performing user research activities such as one-on-one interviews, paper-prototyping, concept testing, card sorting, surveys, usability testing, etc.
· Experience in information design, interface design, flowcharting, storyboarding, human factors or human computer interaction, and usability
· Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
· Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator and Photoshop, and the Microsoft Office product suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
It's a Plus if:
· You have experience prototyping motion concepts and animatics
· You have strong design skills with an eye for detail
· You write about UX processes, technologies, and trends