Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI, Design or related field.
● Experience with UX design for web based applications
● Experience with data centric applications.
● Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
● Experience working with cross-¬functional teams in an agile environment.
● Proven experience working within the design standards of a larger company environment.
Our healthcare client is seeking a solid UI/UX Designer to work within their Technical Services Group to design a national web based Underwriting application. The chosen candidate will work closely with their internal Architect, product management, developers, and other stakeholders to ensure that the design experiences meet the needs of their consumers and internal stakeholders.
● Act as the user advocate on cross-¬functional teams, ensuring that we are moving towards providing an optimal user experience for our user in terms of interactions and design aesthetic.
● Collaborate with a cross-¬functional team of architects, business SMEs, developers, product and project managers to ensure that we are executing against project goals and milestones.
● Ingest the business requirements, product goals and technical capabilities and come up with a successful UX solution that meets the business and experience needs.
● Provide direction and support in regards to user interaction and experience, ensuring that users are able to interact with our products in intuitive, usable, and efficient ways.
● Provide direction and support in regards to visual design, taking into consideration the interaction design direction, and adding the look and feel that best meets the need.
● Create key design deliverables such as site maps, user flows, wireframes, style guides, visual design comps and interactive prototypes throughout the project lifecycle.
● Collaborate with the QA team on usability testing, providing insight as well as prototypes for testing.
● Collaborate with development to check that output coincides with an optimal user experience.
Preferred Qualifications Healthcare or Financial Services industry experience.
Candidate can be remote, with occasional travel to our downtown Oakland office, as needed.