- Knowing and understanding the customer through direct user research as well as through stakeholder research
- Developing a portfolio of personas to serve as the focus of a user-centric product philosophy
- Authoring and applying a visual design signature and interaction design standards- they have already established framework, but need to expand. Translate that into UI.
- Interaction design
- Hosting collaborative sessions that facilitate the creative thinking process with stakeholders to drive innovation
- Applying the design signature and standards to user scenarios by way of sketches, storyboards, journey maps, hi-fidelity mockups, prototypes, and/or animations
- Producing polished final deliverables in various media that effectively communicate the vision and requirements for discreet projects to internal and external stakeholders
Required Qualifications & Experience
- An online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of industry experience, fintech experience a plus
Desired Characteristics & Fit
- Very collegial environment we operate as a team. Has a mixture of professionals that 10-15 YOE in their industry and individuals with only a few years of experience.
- People have stepped up even when something is not in their job descriptions, so we are looking for someone who has that flexibility as well.
- Competitive as a company but not internally.
- Move very quickly, very flexible, really smart people. Really cool people, no jerks!
- People that can flex to what is needed. Not rigid.