Our client, a Fortune 100 Energy Company located just North of Houston, is looking for a UX Designer to be an integral part of their internal Mobility and Design Team. In this role, you will participate in all aspects of UCD to provide expertise and guidance in order to delivery superior application user experience to our business partners and external customers for web, mobile web and mobile apps. The ideal candidate has a passion for user centered design and has a wide breadth of experience across multiple types of products, channels and design methodologies
- Participate in and lead highly collaborative design workshops and requirements gathering sessions with business and technology partners
- Visualize ideas using professional design tools as well as sticky notes, sketch boards, white-board markers or whatever tools are necessary to rapidly work through research and ideation and move to the next stage
- Working with a UX researcher and at times on your own, plan, conduct and synthesize generative and evaluative research using standard methodologies and outputs including: personas, stakeholder interviews, contextual inquires, field studies, customer journey mapping, service blueprints, mental models, task analysis, card sorting, usability tests, cognitive walk-throughs, expert reviews, customer satisfaction monitoring, focus groups, brand audits, and competitive analysis.
- Drive the design of next generation, navigation schemes, design patterns, components and templates across the company’s applications, insuring a consistent, appealing, intuitive user experience.
- As you move from concepts to more detailed designs, create low and high fidelity prototypes that allow you to collaborate and quickly iterate ideas with the project team and get designs in front of end-users for validation.
- Create final design documentation. At times Lean UX can be applied and at times you may need to be heavier on the documentation. Deliverables might include prototypes, wireframes, flow diagrams, constellation maps, and detailed design specs, style guides.
- Identify gaps between the current and the ideal user experience. Continuously challenge the effectiveness of design, recommending changes, as appropriate.
- Significant experience in interactive design and information architecture experience serving as a key member of the UX team through the product development life-cycle of several successfully launched web, mobile, kiosk or desktop applications.
- Experience working with cross functional teams within large, complex, corporate environment
- Ability and desire to adapt design tools and methodologies to a fit for purpose UCD approach to align with various development practices, project sizes and scopes, and UX maturity across organizations.
- A team player who wants to collaborate and share the white-board marker with non-designers
- Strong ability to communicate your design, defend your design decisions, and respond quickly to business needs
- Extremely detail oriented, flexible to change, high tolerance for ambiguity and self-motivated
- Advanced understanding of Information Architecture and Interaction Design
- Advanced understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices
- Demonstrated ability and desire to mentor and lead junior designers.
- Ability and desire to coach and train non UX professional