To maintain our lead in a competitive, ever changing industry, the Experience Design Studio is looking for a talented UX designer to join our team to support current as well as next generation design of our broadband, ‘smart home, and connected device (IoT) experiences. As a Sr. UX Designer at XDS you will work alongside a design team bringing to life products, platforms and services that deliver maximum value to our diverse array of customers.
In this role you will help define, oversee and execute each phase of the design process from synthesis & ideation to prototyping. The ideal candidate for this role is a strong collaborator who has a solid understanding of user- centered design, prior experience building design systems, familiarity with current mobile design guidelines, and most importantly, passion for creating meaningful and innovative experiences that push the boundaries of what’s possible.
You'll be a key member of a dynamic team, leading and contributing to vital steps of the creative process as you build your skills that will shape the foundation for your career.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
● User Experience Design: You will work with other designers, business, product, and engineers to develop high quality user-centered solutions.
● Collaboration: You will be part of creative brainstorming, ideation, rapid-prototyping, and other problem-solving with user experience and graphic designers, engineers and other stakeholders on multiple projects. This also includes strong collaboration and alignment with teams responsible for online and mobile experiences to ensure customers' needs are met across all media.
● Documentation: You will be delivering and/or contributing to create briefs, user scenarios and storyboards, text strings, flow charts, annotated wireframes, and any other documentation that defines the user experience while providing direction to technical writers creating specification documents and approving the final specs.
● Research Participation: You will be working closely with our internal user researchers to support usability and focus group test plans as well as prototype support (paper or interactive prototypes, as appropriate).
● Project Execution and support: You will be the user advocate supporting features and products throughout the project lifecycle ensuring the best experience gets implemented.
This includes software development support, reviews, presentations, and of course making sure your high quality deliverables meet deadlines.
Team Culture: You will inspire and foster a fun, creative, collaborative and supportive culture in which we are able to make career defining work.
Desired Soft Skills & Talents
● Initiative: A dedication to driving projects, anticipating challenges, meeting deadlines, and managing time.
● Inquisitive: Naturally curious about new technology and hardware, and its relevance and value to people.
● Problem Solving: Develop an understanding of the unique needs of each market, digest the goals and challenges of each project, create implementable solution options, identify pros/cons and make recommendations.
● Collaboration: Work effectively within and across teams with multiple personality types and cultural backgrounds. Contribute productively and respectfully to debates during solution development.
● Communication: Crystal clarity in speech, writing, and presentations to a variety of audiences (ex: engineers, managers, executives).
● Receptivity: Able to learn quickly and apply new knowledge adeptly.
● Agility: Works comfortably in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
Required Knowledge & Experience
● Degree in information architecture, interaction design or UX or equivalent in related work experience.
● Minimum 4+ years experience in user-centered design, user requirements analysis and usability testing/user research.
● Proficient in industry-standard design processes.
● Online portfolio required, demonstrating:
○ Exceptional web, consumer electronics and/or similar entertainment product
design that is well-thought out and of high quality
○ Examples of cross-platform design that demonstrates the ability to account for
considerations across multiple devices or screens
○ Ability to write accurate, clear, concise and thorough specification documents
that ensure optimal implementation
● Adobe Design Suite
● Keynote, PowerPoint