Aquent is currently seeking a goal oriented candidate with a strong attention to detail for a Sr. Test Engineer for a long-term contract in Houston, TX. Qualified candidate will support test and engineering activities, develop test programs, plans, procedures, conduct testing and evaluation document results.
Job Location: Houston, TX. Local candidates preferred. Relocation not provided.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Designs, implements, debugs, and executes software tests according to business operating procedures on new and sustaining engineering projects.
- Creates software test process documentation to include verification plans, designs, and protocols.
- Performs unit, integration, and system testing and capacity / performance testing of applications.
- Documents defects capturing steps to reproduce and information for debugging.
- Reviews test plans and designs with development engineers.
- Develops test automation plans including requirements, architecture, and technologies.
- Identifies and procures tools and technologies
- Implements and maintains test automation framework.
- Oversees validation of software test tools.
- Creates automated test procedures using appropriate scripting and tools to support project’s needs.
- Identifies metrics to assess test progress and software quality.
- Reports log all defects found to a central issue-tracking database
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced Software Debugging/Troubleshooting experience.
- Highly proficient with Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10
- An understanding of below-the-OS mechanics and interfaces: FW, BIOS, EC
- Secure crypto-processor like TPM.
- Awareness with TCG standards and certifications related to FIPS, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical, Electronic, or Mechanical Engineering) or equivalent experience.
- 6 + years related industry experience.