Vitamin T is currently in search of an QA Analyst for our client in Metro Detroit. This is a long term contract role!
As a Senior Quality Analyst, this resource plays a lead role in our IT department working with the QA Practice Lead, Project Managers, Business Analysts and Development teams to ensure that our applications meet the business requirements and are of high quality. This resource is responsible for designing, writing and executing test plans and cases based on provided test strategies for IT and client applications under our Quality Assurance standards and processes.
• Design and develop test plans to validate client and IT applications; using both technical and business requirements.
• Review and translate client’s needs and requirements into functionally sound test plans following the QA process.
• Produce quality testing deliverables (e.g. Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Conditions Matrices, Test Data, Test Scripts and Reporting).
• Execute manual test cases for application or system functionality and perform analysis to ensure that it meets design specifications.
• Document testing results; troubleshoot and escalate issues as appropriate.
• Ensure Defect Management and tracking through to completion.
• Provide testing status to appropriate IT management.
• Support User Acceptance testing.
• Train and/or mentor other team members, peers and clients as appropriate.
• Adhere to quality processes in support of the development and production change management processes.
• Participate in the development and implementation of QA processes and tools.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree with a technology or business emphasis, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5+ years of experience within the Quality Assurance space, developing test plans and executing test cases
• 3+ years of experience with writing and executing Microsoft SQL queries; including the ability to load and manipulate data
• Experience in manual testing; with ability to execute test cases and document actual results
• Knowledge of automated testing preferred
• Knowledge of web based testing; mobile application testing preferred
• Experience in various testing types such as black box, white box, functional, GUI testing, system, regression, integration, UAT and Performance Testing
• Strong communication skills, business writing and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Self-sufficient, highly motivated, resourceful individual
+ Click apply at the bottom of this page
+ Treat yourself. You've just applied for one of the most awesome opportunities you've ever seen!
Not your cup of tea? Refer a friend! http://vitamintalent.com/rewards