Inveterate hackers/builders/doers wanted. Here, you'll build prototypes: entire simple things, parts of complex things, and proof-of-concept things; to be used in user testing, demos, proposals, or wherever else a sketch or a Photoshop comp just won't cut it. Think of yourself as a set builder for an old Hollywood western film. We need Main Street, along which most of the buildings can be façades held up with 2x4s, but the saloon needs to be pretty darn convincing. You'll do that, in code.
SKILLS YOU ALREADY HAVE:
• Full-stack development skills – you can take an idea and realize it on your own (but you can take input from teammates anywhere along the way as well).
• You absorb new techniques and technologies like a sponge, and can be productive with them in a very short time.
• You have a highly developed sense of what's necessary (important), what isn't (more important), and what might be helpful in edge cases, with respect to web development.
• Navy SEAL-like ability to Get Things Done™ when it counts: the interviews are scheduled, the space is reserved, executives are coming, and not delivering is not an option. You see all of that as a chance to shine.
• Technically speaking:
o You can sketch out a logical architecture for a web application.
o You've built at least a couple of Drupal sites.
o Front-end coding is probably the strongest part of your game.
o You're a CSS expert, and you have strong opinions about preprocessors.
o You can hold a productive, collaborative conversation with an enterprise Java developer, even if you don't speak Java.
SKILLS YOU'LL DEVELOP:
• Advanced Drupal-fu. Our most complex tests use a customized Drupal Commerce installation.
• If there's any package, framework, technique or library you want to try out, you can probably think of an excuse to use it here.
• This job is almost a training camp for hack day competitions, complete with live practice – we have Hack Days every six months.
What you'll do:
• Supports experience strategy and innovation
• Leads cross-functional team on small- to medium-sized projects
• Oversees and contributes to the design and development of prototypes and technical proof of concept demonstrations (for example, interaction models, data transfer, functional user interface (UI) components)
• Drives continuous improvement of user experience tools, documentation, and process
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in user experience design and web development, and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• 5+ years relevant web-based programming experience, preferably including the work on one or more consumer web sites with moderate to advanced transactional functionality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering , other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of Ruby on Rails and one or more of the following: Flex/Flash+ ActionScript 2.0, .NET Framework or C# ,and Microsoft Expression suite; related technologies are a bonus
• Familiarity with user research methods and observation a plus.
• Understanding of Internet usability/user interface best practices is important.
• Web design experience including: HTML, the capabilities of Web browsers across multiple platforms, and new technologies a plus
• Exposure to Axure as a prototyping tool is helpful
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs