We are looking for a qualified candidate to proofread a variety of marketing materials, including print and digital, in a fast-paced, high-volume work setting. The candidate will be expected to work 25-30 hours a week, on-site- Monday through Friday with overtime/flexibility as needed. This is a freelance/temporary position.
* Proofreads concepts, rounds, proofs, and final artwork to ensure they are error-free and consistent with clients brand guidelines and copy styles
* Checks grammar, spelling, and punctuation; flags inconsistencies and offers suggestions to fix awkward or unclear language
* Researches issues related to the content of the work as needed
* Revises and/or writes copy for simple projects as needed
* Highly organized with an ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and simultaneously handle multiple projects with total accuracy and attention to detail
* Strong understanding of English language, grammar, and written word
* Excellent research ability across all mediums
* Works well as a team player in a flexible, dynamic, and fast-paced environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Highly motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude
* Understanding of basic copywriting principles and skills
* Understanding of integrated direct marketing principles helpful
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience preferred; experience working at an advertising, digital or marketing agency is desired
* Minimum of 3-5 years of copy editing/proofreading experience.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs