An Energy team in Manhattan is looking for Sr. Project & Event Specialist to join their Customer Outreach and Education team. This person will be a highly motivated candidate, who has the experience and qualifications to support the Company’s Customer Outreach and Education activities. This candidate will manage and monitor the Customer Outreach and Education budget including forecasting, reporting and analysis. They will develop and procure promotional items with a focus on branding and event needs; this includes working with vendors and Corporate Affairs to brand and procure promotional items and utilize Company systems to process payments. They will also be responsible for working existing content and SMEs to develop educational literature an internal and external presentations.
- Develop and administer the printing and distribution of educational literature through customer mailings, at Walk-In Centers and events.
- Serve as emergency responder and participate in all aspects of Outreach responsibilities during emergencies including: staffing of the Customer Information Van, providing customers with assistance including information on service restoration and submission of claims, and reporting information to the emergency response command center.
- Assist in preparation of emergency preparedness information.
- Coordinate and attend programs/meetings during off-hours, as required, to accomplish the Outreach mission.
- Act as a customer advocate and a Company liaison to the local community, special services/human needs providers, organizations and agencies, and other critical stakeholders and enhance external relationships.
- Help create customer focus among employees and provide employees with information and training including coordination and technical execution of Customer Operations CISCO screens and content on internal SharePoint website.
- The ideal candidate for this position will be well organized, detail oriented, demonstrate a high energy level, and understand the importance of commitment to excellence.
- The candidate must have excellent analytical, organizational, planning and scheduling ability.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have flexibility to handle multiple assignments sometimes off hours with changing priorities.
- Must have experience in building positive relationships with key organizations and constituents and the ability to work with government agencies, community leaders, service providers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse customer stakeholder groups and internal departments.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to speak formally and informally to external and internal audiences.
- Initiative and ability to learn new programs and champion and initiate change on behalf of the customer.
- Travel as necessary, work on weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Preferred bilingual in Spanish or Chinese or Korean.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop educational programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree and three years’ professional experience in performing Customer Advocacy functions including acting as a liaison with governmental agencies, service providers, and community organizations and conducting outreach and educational activities in community settings.
- Experience working in or with community relations, communications, not for profit management, government, or a related field is strongly preferred.
- Ability to create and manage educational/informational programs from concept through project planning and execution, both independently and as part of a team.
Physical Requirements – Essential
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.