Responsible for the successful delivery of large-scale strategic programs with comprehensive coordination and project management among several cross-functional groups to meet business needs. Work closely with a breadth of leaders from the business units and strategic partners including Marketing, Finance, Store Operations, Direct Sales, Copy & Print, IT and a major multinational bank to launch payment and financing solutions in the marketplace. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for leading and implementing defined initiatives across the organization which will include marketing initiatives, process improvements, system enhancements, reporting, change management initiatives, and other business focused projects. Although some projects may have a technology component, this is not a technical project management position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Utilize standard project management methodologies and people management skills to ensure timely completion of small to large scale projects at the highest quality levels.
2. Lead cross-functional teams including representatives from other business units to solve problems, identify business improvement opportunities, implement work plans, increase customer satisfaction, and improve operations through process improvement methodologies (e.g., Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC, Kaizen).
3. Create and modify detailed project plans which clearly define project scope & timeline, along with corresponding project documentation.
4. Drive project requirements, priorities, deadlines, implementation and change adoption.
5. Apply creative thinking to solve problems, remove roadblocks for the project team, and successfully move past unexpected issues.
6. Interact with internal and external stakeholders including Marketing, Finance, Store Operations, IT, Field Sales and banking partners to understand their business needs, communicate project status and develop relationships to ensure satisfaction.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Minimum Prior Related Work Experience:
Essential Skills Required: In order of importance, list skills or talents which a qualified incumbent should possess (e.g., computer literacy, subject knowledge, etc.).
1. Superior project planning and cross-functional coordination strengths
2. Strong presentation skills (both in developing and delivering presentations)
3. Proven project management experience
4. Ability to manage a team of associates (both direct and indirect) to execute multiple deliverables over multiple projects simultaneously
5. Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
6. Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
If an existing job, indicate reasons for re-evaluation, including new responsibilities, changes in nature, level of reporting relationships, new technology, reorganization of department, etc. For both existing and new jobs, outline information to support your grade level recommendation.
Does this role exercise discretion and independent judgment? X Yes □ No
If yes, list 2-3 examples:
1. Developing project timelines
2. Making judgment calls on feasibility, expectation setting and real-time adjustments to execution plans
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs