Aquent is currently assisting a global beverage company in their search for Freelance Project Manager for 6+ months to join their in Seattle, WA.
Top 3 Skills:
1. Relationship management experience
2. Be able to work in an ambiguous environment and be very organized
3. Familiar with the Software Development Lifecycle
Nice to have: Understanding of Agile
Not looking for an IT Project Manager, but someone who has worked within an IT project in the past.
Creates comprehensive project plans; detailing project schedule, resource estimates, quality requirements and metrics, and organizational change management activities. Ensures completion of all steps required to obtain project funding and resource acquisition approval. Defines and documents project work breakdowns, monitors task status, updates work estimates and incorporates new tasks into plan as needed. Determines project governance and decision making structure. Establishes project roles and responsibilities and provides team members with clear direction. Information Technology (IT) projectbased roles: 7-10 years.
What does a typical work day entail? What are the daily tasks/responsibilities/deliverables?
• Co-development and ongoing management of project plan
• Management of project requirements and acceptance criteria
• Tracking of individual workstream milestones and cross-workstream interdependencies
• Status reporting, risk identification, and development of risk mitigation plans
• Participation in content brainstorming sessions and ideation
• Working with-8 different groups who will be participating in these projects. This person will need to be able to navigate and organize these individuals and teams. Most people on these projects come from creative groups and this person will need to help keep everyone organized and on track to hit goals. This person will be managing a total of two projects and once those settle, will be taking on more responsibilities.
• Ability to work cross-functionally and coordinate needs of multiple parties
• Strong stakeholder management
• Ability to manage complex and detailed milestones
• Long-term planning, ability to preemptively identify and plan contingencies for domino effects
• Flexibility to course correct as needed
• Comfortable making decisions with limited knowledge / resources
• Technological fluency and / or comfort with data analytics
You’ll be successful if you have these skills:
• A tough business project manager that has a strong understanding of the SDLC and has a minimum 5 years experience with custom software development & integration projects.
• Ability to jump into existing activities, quickly learn the business & project nuances to identify risks/issues and drive mitigation plans. Then manage to the plans, even if it may be an unpopular thing to do.
• Create, communicate and drive adherence to timelines for deliverables.
• Communication! This candidate must have awesome listening skills and the ability to synthesize the information into thoughtful notes/minutes.
• Status reports? Gotta love status reports and if you have a bit of creative flair, even better! Let’s make them interesting and not stogy/boring!
• Capture & track action items, hold others accountable for delivery and communicate broadly.
• Vendor management experience is a must! Can you partner with a vendor to meet project deliverables while recognizing uncommunicated risks and getting in front of them with a plan before they become full-blown issues?
• Do you have top-notch power point & excel skills? And the ability to present to large audiences and drive productive meetings?
• Experience with testing on software development projects, can you partner with the technology, business groups & a vendor to create the coolest test plans then manage through to execution?
• Can you juggle? Or, more specifically can you multitask? How about facilitate large meetings and take awesome notes?
• Teamwork! It's a culture of inclusion and consensus! Can you creatively gain consensus on decisions while not allowing decisions to impact timelines? Think “herding cats”.
What’s not needed:
• This is not a technical project management role so if you’re looking to come in and write code/HTML, dig into databases and architect new solutions – this role is not for you.
• Marketing and/or digital personalization experience is awesome & helpful but this role will not be generating creative assets nor strategy plans. This role is to support the creative group’s ability to meet project deliverables and get the information needed to meet deadlines.
• A good sense for analytics is a must but the ability to bang out Tableau reports is not critical.
• Hot shot that wants to come in and revolutionize the way we do business! We love new ideas but not from someone with a chip on their shoulder who thinks “I know more than all these people”.
• All work and no play! That’s not what this role is about, we spend far too much time at work to not have fun so an ability to laugh and inject levity is critical to success!
If this sounds like you, apply today!