This is a business project manager, not an IT project manager role.
Bachelor's Degree required.
Healthcare experience highly preferred.
MS Project or other enterprise project management system required.
Day to Day Responsibilities of this Position and Description of Project:
- Manages the development and implementation process of company's projects involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on delivery of new or existing internal/external programs and/or products. Plans and directs schedules and budgets. Monitors the project from initiation through delivery and monitors for continuous improvement. Organizes the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget. Interfaces with internal and external customers on technical matters and project status. Responsible for assembling a project team, assigning and monitoring work of team members and providing guidance and leadership.
- Works on extremely complex projects (or multiple projects) spanning across business areas where analysis requires evaluation of intangible variance factors.
- Able to impact beyond area of responsibility.
- Ensures strategic direction of projects is in line and designs strategies for alignment with Company and business unit goals and objectives.
- Consults and makes recommendations to senior management on significant issues.
- Knowledge encompasses entire scope of company products, functions, marketing and/or service policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact with all levels including senior management and influence decision-making.
- Proven ability to determine key business issues, develop effective action plans and implement to successful conclusion.
- Ability to operate at a strategic business level and fully incorporate business strategies within all projects.
- Generally requires Master’s degree or equivalent and 8-10 years of experience. Clinical licenses strongly preferred.
- Requires previous project management experience in multi-disciplinary setting.
- May provide guidance and leadership to and may supervise project consultants/managers.