Our top education client is looking to hire a Sr. Project Manager for an 8 month role offering W2 pay and full benefits. This person can be based in Centennial, CO or Hoboken, NJ.
This person will manage all aspects of various projects including; assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project(s). Must be familiar with the project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. Communicates with project leaders and/or sponsors and function and functional area Managers regarding status of specific projects
● Develop detailed vendor transition plan to include:
o Activities for new / continuing vendor engagements
o Activities for engagements set to expire
o Roadmap of migration activities
o Facilitating Key internal and external stakeholders needed to complete the transitions
o Analysis and management of risks associated with transitions
● Manage ongoing cadence and development of materials for project steering committee and project status meetings
● Develop and maintain project plans and related project reporting
● Ensure all deliverables and stage gate requirements are met and successfully navigated
● Coordinate and follow up on all key actions, risks and issues.
● Support Director of Vendor Management with measurement and reporting on benefit realization
● Assist with other ad-hoc tasks and activities as needed.
Experience / Qualifications:
● Minimum 5 years of experience managing large transformational projects
● Previous experience with Business Process Outsourcing migration essential
● Good communication skills, speak in business language (vs proj management jargon)
● Analytical aptitude
● Ability to work cross-functionally (Support,, Operations, Finance and Procurement )
● Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
● Ability to use many types of software, from the popular Microsoft Office Suite, to less common packages, like SharePoint, Visio, Smart Sheets, Google Docs, etc.
● Ability to manage and efficiently plan work, maintain good interpersonal relations and communications with external vendors and various internal teams.
●This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree, MBA a plus
● PMI or Prince II Certification a plus
● Ability to travel internationally and domestically as needed (10-25%).