Our agency client in Brooklyn is seeking a Sr. Production Artist. This candidate will be a hands-on designer and execute all packaging/production work. Also: Manage job schedule--both internally/externally--backing up from key deliverable dates. Manage all control documentation and approval process for all finished designs, design files, mechanical files and comps. Source new vendors and materials (stocks, foils, inks binding) for department. Stay atop industry trends in printing, materials, and processes. Liaise with creative team from concept phase through production to spot issues and technical constraints, and assure smooth production process. Provide consistent client interaction, assisting account manager with client follow-up on production issues. Spend time in the field observing and researching product usage and in manufacturing plants. Observe methods of production and collect information about new materials and production processes.
- Oversee and assure accurate file naming system. Assure archived files and elements are maintained as guided by studio protocol.
- Insure feasibility of all design work, and insure that released designs, design files and mechanicals follow client’s technical brief.
- Proactive technical troubleshooting on all projects
- Assure construction of tight accurate mechanicals and informed accurate color breaks
- Integration of printing and legal standards into all projects. Maintain most up to date knowledge of printing techniques, materials, technologies and inform studio.
- Delivery of highest quality printable design, consistent with approved design
- Coordinate closely with account management to ensure that jobs are completed within cost limitations
- Maintenance of professional environment
- Travel on press runs and briefs with clients and vendors. Assure that design standards are met to the highest quality.
- Manage and communicate with outside vendors/clients and ensure timely delivery of all projects. Manage both time and cost of projects. Meet with finance team to review costs and suggest budget savings and department efficiencies.
- Manage all comp production: including color specifications and design files, (scheduling, production and delivery) of creative projects.
- 3-7 years of experience in production solutions and client related activity.
- Ability to manage multiple projects across diverse industries and categories.
- Strong written/verbal and internal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in a clear, effective manner, internally and to clients.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of the production processes for projects, including printing, engraving, embossing, die cutting and coloring
- Experience designing for Fragrance would be nice to have