The Sr. Product Designer is a high-level designer responsible for the interaction design of web and software applications of diverse scope. Works closely with user research, marketing, product management, and development teams to create a world class user experience for our client's products. Drives the user experiences for a set of next generation products and responsible for ensuring designs are simple, intuitive and support our client's business objectives and brand.
Influences information architecture and ensures designs result in optimal web server and site technical performance. Utilizes knowledge and practical experience and exercises judgment in applying design and usability standards to work. Experienced designer who has gained progressive recognition as a specialist in one or more fields of interaction design and advises others on design direction and approach. Uses experience and influence to evangelize our client's user experience practices externally.
Leads designs projects, and creates guidelines for consistent product interaction.. Exercises judgment and applies creativity and ingenuity when solving complex design or development problems. Assists the larger product design team in developing new processes, system design tools and design guidelines. Leads projects and organize additional resources and is responsible for own schedules and work assignments within the larger engineering schedule.
• Designs and documents the interaction of the user experience for web and software-based interfaces, applying standard user-centered design guidelines and techniques.
• Manage and develop concepts from project inception through launch; often responsible for ownership of a project or significant portion of a product release.
• Plans, organizes, and coordinates design activities on a project with other designers and engineers.
• Creates design deliverables such as wireframes, page flow diagrams, and design mockups and specification documentation
• Presents design concepts and deliverables to project team and internal stakeholders and helps move projects forward and drive them to completion.
• Creates the schedules for projects.
• Collaborates and consults with peers and leadership in Engineering and Product Management. Consults with engineers on technical matters and designs. Teams with product management to define product requirements, markets and users by participating in competitive analysis, user research, and developing personas.
• Champions user-centered design principles with product teams.
• Contributes to interaction pattern libraries and may collaborate on visual design libraries.
• Keeps abreast of and incorporates usability and design best practices, developments, and trends. Recommends improvements and changes and gives professional appraisal on implementation of the design
• Works with UX Researchers to plan and coordinate user testing of product component(s). Participates as an observer in user experience research activities such as usability testing, interviews or other research activities, contributing to user experience research findings. Contributes recommendations for solutions to identified usability issues.
• Lead, mentor, motivate, direct and guide more junior members of the team.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Deep understanding of and experience with several platforms such as Windows, Mobile, Web and Mac technologies.
• Demonstrate strong innovative and creative design skills.
• Understand the importance of documentation and coding standards.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non technical audience at various levels of the organization.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
• Ability to influence others to sell design.
• Able to mentor junior team members
• Ability to adhere and manage a disciplined work schedule; ability to follow directions from a supervisor; ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures; ability to accept constructive criticism.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent in Graphic or Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors or a related field and a minimum of five (5) years of directly related work experience designing online and consumer software product interfaces is typically required. Three (3) years of work experience (relevant internship or project work may be acceptable) is required for individuals holding an MA/MS degree in one of these fields. Equivalent experience may be substituted for post-graduate education.
• Must possess an online portfolio with a range of interactive samples.
• Experience in defining and prototyping end-to-end user experience, including user workflows, layouts, design of specific UX screens and components.
• Must have experience defining information architecture, or interaction design for several complex software or web applications and/or significant websites.
• Prefer experience working on enterprise products.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs