Our client, in the gaming sector, has built a website designed to allow a global community of more than 10 million people to join in a real-world treasure hunt.
Their mission–and yours should you choose to accept it–is to inspire and enable discovery, exploration and adventure. Basically, everyone’s job here is to enable millions of people to have fun outside. How cool is that?
We are looking for a passionate, collaborative designer to drive experiences that get people off the couch and interacting with objects in the real world. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the full product lifecycle: interview players to learn their motivations and behaviors, work directly with engineers and stakeholders to find the best solution, and get immediate feedback as your designs go out to millions of players worldwide. We need you to help craft meaningful location-based experiences that get people outside and discovering the world.
What You’ll Do
- Work as a critical member within a team of product managers and engineers to deliver world-class experiences.
- Contribute to strategic decisions: discover what we should build, challenge assumptions and distill projects down to core user needs.
- Design research plans, interview users, gather requirements from stakeholders, present, explain, and document your design decisions.
- Create what it takes to articulate the design: whiteboard sketches, user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, animations, and redlines.
- Contribute to the growth of the Product Design Team through mentorship, critiques, brainstorms, discussions, and recommendations.
- Champion effective design processes and advocate for solving the right problems, not just the problems presented.
- Evaluate the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change.
Qualifications + Required Skills
- 5+ years of practical UX and UI design experience.
- B.A. and/or Master's degree in HCI or related field.
- Strong illustration and animation skills are a huge plus.
- A portfolio that clearly demonstrates successfully built and shipped user-focused solutions.
- Direct experience with user research methodologies such as card sorting, usability testing, ethnographic research, customer interviews, and surveys.
- Understanding of technical limitations of web and mobile and how to communicate your ideas to engineers
- Passion for the outdoors–mobile game experience is a plus
- Leads by example and exemplifies our values in actions and behaviors.
- Superb communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits tact and proper judgment under pressure and in sensitive situations.
- Desire to learn and a “quick study” with new concepts, systems and technologies.
- Self-directed and open to coaching/feedback.
- Uses independent judgment to plan, organize, and prioritize workload.