An exciting insuretech startup is looking for a Senior Product Designer to come in and own the user experience and visual design, from end to end, on its various platforms (web/iOS/Android). Ideal candidates will have a strong e-commerce background and understand conversion optimization through user research and multivariate testing. This is a perm, full-time role with HQ in SF.
- Own the user experience for the website and native apps (mobile dominates touchpoints with customers)
- Responsible for visual design; create a visual language for users
- Collaborate with the product team and business team
- Create process around user research
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Must have worked on UX for a mobile app, either iOS or Android
- Experience being hands on in the delivery of a product, from soup to nuts. Understand and research the business problems, user research, come up with solutions. Build a systemic solution that will be a UX framework. Holistically own the experience and be able to explain why, constraints, trade offs when designing. Own the problem and the solution.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a UX Designer
- Preference for candidates who are stronger on the IxD front vs VizD
- Someone who does not require a copywriter to help them with writing copy for the screen, short pieces of copy, buttons/calls to action
Desired Characteristics & Fit
- Ideal background in ecommerce and/or complex consumer experience; experience with insuretech or fintech is a huge plus.
- Easygoing and can focus on doing a good job, have a level of commitment and be excited for what you do.