A Fortune 500 is searching for a Print Designer. The position is full time hours and temp to perm.
Job Description: Print Designer
The print designer creates seasonal allover and placed prints to meet the needs of the brand and target customer. The ideal candidate has the ability to create exclusive prints with the appropriate hand and market relevance to be compelling to the brand’s customer.
• Create new, original print and pattern designs for target market
• Clean and put print header in repeats
• Color Reduce and create send out package for Mills in close partnership with R&D team
• Conduct research to support print design and color pattern direction
• Degree in Textile Design & Minimum 3 years designing original print artwork.
• Must be able to hand render artwork to a proficient level.
• knowledge of historical art and textile influences.
• Strong understanding of current trends and styles in Fashion, Accessories and/or Home industry & print design is ideal.
• Strong understanding of print design and color theory principles.
• Strong understanding of fabric construction and industry printing techniques.
• Solid organizational skills and ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines.
• Solid proficiency in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator. NedGraphics preferred.
• Knowledge of copyright registration and trademark infringement laws in regards to designing original artwork and utilizing purchased artwork for manufacturing.