Aquent is supporting a MAJOR beauty brand in their search for a Sr. Packaging Designer with luxury/prestige design sensibility. This is a FT Freelance role based in NYC on an ongoing long-term basis! Seeking someone with approximately 5-8 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE.
Creative and Innovative solutions:
- Shows a broad range of fresh and original package design solutions that respond to the brief (or PSF)
- Displays a sense of methodology and process behind the work
- Treats the brief as a challenge, and not an obstacle
- Responds well to direction, and able to incorporate feedback in a new creative way.
- Strong design as well as graphic and type skills are a must.
- Luxury-minded design sensibility is a must and a portfolio that reflects this.
- Works with creative team and marketing to define objectives
- Delivers work that is aesthetically pleasing, thoughtful and visionary.
- Designs packaging options that work within manufacturing and cost parameters, and always seeks creative solutions to these limits
- Establishes color direction and standards for all packaging substrates and decoration
- Produces accurate high-quality artwork for reproduction and electronic mechanicals based on vendor specifications.
- Able to articulate concepts clearly to internal teams, comfortable presenting to audiences both large and small. Thinks about both the format and method of presentation to enhance the communication of ideas.
Organization and Planning skills:
- Meets project timelines through good management of workflow and ability to prioritize.
- Provides scheduling/timeline information for projects
- Keeps management apprised of unavoidable lateness.
- Identifies roadblocks and works with management to determine solutions.
- Maintains extensive color matching records and archive artwork using an organized, logical system.
Attention to detail:
- Delivers polished work for creative reviews.
- Finishes work to the level desired by Design Director.
- Ensures that presentations are correct down to the smallest detail for both internal and external presentations.
This role works closely with Design Director, and collaboratively with other designers, copy writers and visual merchandising. The Sr. Packaging Designer must work effectively with peers on the Marketing side to deliver solutions that are on strategy and on brand.
Personal Qualities: Leadership, Initiative, Judgment, Flexibility and Diplomacy -Always looks for ways to improve the work and creative process. Contributes to larger conversations around the project. Communicates with management proactively about workload, project status and issues that arise. Fills down time productively (e.g. developing one’s knowledge of sustainability; organizing files and artwork database).
Demonstrates a team-player attitude; always open to new ideas and creative feedback; willing to do whatever it takes to make the creative solutions stronger. Respectfully stands up for the work when it is necessary, with ability to pick battles wisely.
If this sounds like you, apply today!