Sr. Mgr, Product MarketingPosition Workgroup:Human ResourcesInternal Order Info:The Senior Manager/Director is responsible for supporting executive management on the go-to-market strategy and implementation of advanced products and pricing across the marketing and channel organizations. Core responsibilities include scoping & translating requirements into positioning; writing marketing briefs for internal and external audiences; and the comprehensive coordination of deliverables to get into market. Following the launch, the Senior Manager/Director will analysis performance results and audit launch plan for improvements. The best candidate will be able to work independently across disparate organizations and present back to management a detailed command of product details, strategy and rationale for development, implementation and strategy plans.
Note: Advanced products are defined as in-car and out-of-the car audio and subscription lifecycle experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports management on the efforts to launch products and/or packages that impact subscriber base and acquisition efforts.
• Develops and edits Product and Marketing Communication briefs describing the products features and functionality based upon getting clarity on business objectives, competitive marketplace and the ideal (and not so ideal) customer experience.
• Proposes and vets product verbiage to be used in communications for brick and click channels, with specific focus on selling proposition and compelling reasons that would make the customer want to purchase (and use) a subscription.
• Manages the go-to-market plan and documentation of dependencies to launch, working closely with internal team on deliverables. Interfaces with sales, care and digital channels, as well as marketing and product development teams to determine go-to-launch tactics and timelines.
• Prepares executive presentations for bi weekly meetings.
• Educates internal organization on features and functionality of products and maintains learnings, best practices and roadmap for future.
• Hosts meetings and tracks actions to completion. May participate in brainstorming sessions and will be required to summarize results and next steps.
• Writes Marketing Requirement Documents and/or Project Charters to support development requests.
• Manages change request process and details of the changes for new in-car channel.
• Analyzes performance metrics (sales, mix, revenue, engagement) and summarizes for management.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• 10- 15 years prior work experience in marketing with combination years in product, brand, marketing communication, agency and/or channels:
o 3 of those years working go-to-market planning,
o 3 of those years working in a subscription business with both digital and traditional environments,
o 2 of those years working with program/project management into call centers.
• Experience with MS suite specifically powerpoint and excel (and a plus if MS Project).
• Experience operating with Agile and Waterfall methodology.
• Previous and proven experience working in digital space with apps/desktop sales or management
Requirements and General Skills:
• Attention to detail and organization is mandatory.
• Must be comfortable presenting to audiences of all experience levels.
• Good public speaking and presentation skills.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
• Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
• Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
• Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
• Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
• Creative writing ability.
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be willing to travel to/from NYC as needed for day trip.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
• Working knowledge of AhA! And Jama preferred.