Develop and gain approval for Department seasonal strategies and prioritize tasks to support Division strategies and meet financial targets.
• Partner with cross-functional team members to develop Department key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and store assortments to ensure that the collection is commercially viable and provides an exciting customer store experience.
• Approve the ranking of all styles within the Department based on historical and current product performance, as well as marketplace information.
• Eliminate redundancies in the product assortment.
• Position Department investments to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets are met.
• Gain approval for the Department's seasonal investments and quarterly financial plans.
• Validate costing and placement strategies with Production.
• Formulate Department pricing strategies.
• Approve garment fit and ensure product execution meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards.
• Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information.
• Change future Department strategies in-season where needed and provide appropriate and timely direction to the cross-functional team in order to react quickly to customer and business trends.
• Communicate seasonal Department strategies to key functional areas in order to focus the team towards a common goal.
• Actively listen to all members of the cross-functional team to ensure that innovative ideas are surfaced and acted upon, and that the team feels ownership in the business.
• Share information cross-brand and cross-channel where appropriate.
• Partner with employees to provide them with the appropriate tools and training for their development.
• Bachelors degree.
• 3-5 years of retail buying experience & 1-3 years of management experience.
• Experience as a Merchandiser or equivalent.
• Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
• Direct subordinates effectively towards the accomplishment of tasks and goals.
• Delegate responsibility and decision-making appropriately to other personnel.
• Ability to transport, maneuver and visually evaluate merchandise.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally
What are the Top Three Skills needed to perform this role/job?
1. ability to manage a business end to end at a high level- biz recaps, analysis, determining plans, building product strategy to support financials. Ability to help manage and drive a large store expansion plan.
2. knowledge of systems- managing the day to day. Attention to detail is important here.
3. ability to work collaboratively w/ a cross functional team on product from end to end- drive the pipeline.
Q. What would the typical work day look like for this contractor (what are they responsible for)?
Type of background you are looking for: ideally someone at seasoned sr merchant or mm level historically. Ideal if have worked for on historically to have knowledge of systems.
Software skills: act, promo tool
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs