A Fortune 500 in San Francisco is searching for a Sr. Merchandiser. The role is 3-4+ months with the opportunity to extend based on performance.
• Develop and gain approval for Department seasonal strategies and prioritize tasks to support Division strategies and meet financial targets.
• Partner with cross-functional team members to develop Department key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and store assortments to ensure that the collection is commercially viable and provides an exciting customer store experience.
• Approve the ranking of all styles within the Department based on historical and current product performance, as well as marketplace information.
• Eliminate redundancies in the product assortment.
• Position Department investments to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets are met.
• Gain approval for the Department's seasonal investments and quarterly financial plans.
• Validate costing and placement strategies with Production.
• Formulate Department pricing strategies.
• Approve garment fit and ensure product execution meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards.
• Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information.
• Change future Department strategies in-season where needed and provide appropriate and timely direction to the cross-functional team in order to react quickly to customer and business trends.
• Communicate seasonal Department strategies to key functional areas in order to focus the team towards a common goal.
• Actively listen to all members of the cross-functional team to ensure that innovative ideas are surfaced and acted upon, and that the team feels ownership in the business.
• Share information cross-brand and cross-channel where appropriate.
• Partner with employees to provide them with the appropriate tools and training for their development.