Sr. Level Media Planning and Buying Expert-
Large scale CPG brand
Specifically Looking for a Media Planning and Buying expert to oversee The CPG Company's US Media Planning and Buying Process. 15+ brands, $300MM in spending. Over the next 90 days we will complete media plans for 2018. Works directly with brand teams as expert to help them develop their media plans. Works directly with media agency (in NYC) team of over 50. Will oversee work of Associate Media Manager and be supported by analytics and finance teams.
- Work with Media Agency and Brand Teams to develop their 2018 media plans.
- Clear understanding of Media Briefs including brand comms strategies.
- Work with media agency on development of media plans
- Be part of media agency presentation of media plans back to brand team as subject matter experts helping to decide which elements of the media plan to approve
- Work with Media Agency on development of negotiation strategies with media partners.
- Evaluate performance of current 2017 media plans for brands. Find insights. Take to brand teams and recommend changes and adjustments
Meetings with media agency, brand teams, analytics team, etc
Reviewing media performance data to assess what is working not working and recommend adjustments.
10+ Years of media experience either client or agency side. CPG/Brand Awareness media experience preferred vs. Performance/Direct Response Media.
Must have at least 10 years experience either at a media agency or client side with strong collaboration skills. Must have expertise in TV, OLV and Social Media Planning
Must be competent in both traditional and digital media. May require some travel to NYC for meeting with Media Agency 1-2 times a month. Can be day trips via train if desired.
Media, Planning, Buying.
Upcoming Projects/ Busy Seasons: Right now. Planning for 2018 Media is now until October.
What do you foresee as being the biggest challenge in this position? Getting up to speed quickly on the brands and past media performance.
Training : Training will be through on-boarding to the business, the brands and current media approaches.
Reason for opening covering for employee who is out on medical disability. There is a potential to convert to full time if an opening becomes available.