Are you a talented and ambitious Marketing Manager looking to make an impact within a growing organization? Our client offers a great opportunity for someone who'd like to grow with us, work with key accounts, drive projects and programs, develop effective marketing strategies, coordinate a wide mix of marketing tactics, and help shape our position in the marketplace. Our client designs, develops, and delivers innovative, results-driven energy efficiency, energy conservation, and renewable energy programs and campaigns. People who work there say that it's a unique kind of organization — one that nurtures individual talents and inspires dedication.
Working as part of a larger marketing team and a regional energy efficiency program team, under the direction of the Director of Regional Marketing Programs, this Senior Marketing Account Manager will be responsible for developing and executing cost-effective and innovative marketing strategies to meet program and organizational objectives. The Senior Marketing Account Manager is responsible for developing a detailed knowledge of customers and markets to ensure that all marketing activity aligns with and supports client program goals. The successful candidate will manage all day-to-day program marketing, as well as the marketing relationship with the client. The candidate will need to be self-directing, able to manage multiple projects at the same time, easy to work with, and have a demonstrated track record of successfully promoting client programs, products and services.
The ideal candidate is a proven juggler who loves variety and working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced organization. They will have a strong understanding of marketing strategies, planning, budgeting, processes and tactics across multiple mediums including mass media, print, digital, email, direct mail, and social. They are comfortable and confident working directly with clients, and making contributions within a collaborative environment, internally and externally, to help us continue our growth as a nimble, swift and impactful marketing agency.
Territory the individual will be responsible for in MidAtlantic Region: Baltimore, MD.
- Work closely with Program Managers, who oversee the client’s energy efficiency programs, as well as internal and client marketing staff to develop strategy and create and execute marketing plans, budgets and programs, both short and long range, to drive participation in the client’s programs and meet client goals.
- Plan and oversee cost-effective, targeted program advertising and promotional activities that adhere to the client’s brand guidelines, including PR, advertising, collateral, social media, digital and mobile communications, coop advertising, events and community mobilization, and direct and email.
- Prepare creative briefs and collaborate with creative services team on the development and delivery of marketing deliverables that are in support of our clients’ objectives
- Proactively bring an ongoing stream of new marketing ideas to the program team and client.
- Maintain excellent communications with and be responsive to clients, internal staff, participating contractors and builders, trade allies, and regional and local community groups.
- Assist clients, contractors, and trade allies to fulfill advertising, public relations, communications and co-op advertising and promotional requests.
- Assist with financial and business management responsibilities such as: estimating; billing; reporting on and invoicing for marketing fees and expenses; co-op advertising requests; and documentation.
- Communicate with outside advertising agencies and vendors and/or client marketing teams, and call centers on ongoing marketing campaigns.
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness of marketing/advertising initiatives and take corrective action to achieve marketing objectives within designated budgets and time-frames.
- Prepare numbers-based reporting on tactical performance.
- Maintain customer service standards for internal and external customers.
- Assist with the writing and submission of proposals in response to regional RFPs. Responsibilities may expand to other energy efficiency initiatives and client services throughout the region.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or other related field, with marketing, advertising or communications preferred
- 7-10+ years of marketing experience required with relevant regulated industry experience preferred, such as government, utility or banking
- Highly seasoned project management skills with the ability to lead internal teams and and/or manage relationships with a strategy or marketing consulting vendors
- Comfortable working with data, numbers, basic math and using MS Excel proficiently.
- Ability to define and write program relevant go-to-market strategy, plans, creative briefs and executional tactics in support of plan success metrics
- Ability to move seamlessly from strategic to tactical execution within tight deadlines
- Outstanding communication skills and proven abilities as a team collaborator
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and deliver to tight deadlines
- Highly organized and process-oriented with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to influence, collaborate and excel in large, complex organizational structures with rapidly changing environments and shifting priorities
- Strong analytical capabilities with knowledge of database marketing and analytics
- Ability to manage internal client relationships with the ability to meet and exceed timing and budget goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced level experience in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- High degree of business acumen, hard-working and determined