Responsibilities include supporting the Director, Global Partnerships with overall account management and partner planning including managing partner assets and working with internal teams (Brand, Continent, Marriott Rewards, Sales etc.) to ensure that the plans developed are fully activated across the enterprise. Must be able to effectively articulate client’s goals and objectives, build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, and serve as the key point of contact for partners. Responsible for leading partner negotiations and quantifying success for key partnership extensions – including Brand activations and client Rewards pull through.
The position requires strong relationship management, planning, negotiation, communication, and analytical skills. Original thinking is key, as is the ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders to execute partner initiatives across functional areas. The position will also be responsible for evaluating and implementing new partnership opportunities across industries with primary focus on the sports and entertainment segments.
Internally, the Sr. Manager, Global Partnerships, plays an important role in achieving Buzz Marketing objectives to raise awareness, drive trial, drive social conversations and engagement and increase revenue.
• Serve as the day-to-day relationship manager for client’s sports & entertainment partnerships possessing a thorough understanding of partner business objectives to identify synergies and opportunities for collaboration.
• Work with Director Global Partnership and Vice President Global Partnerships and Strategic Alliances to identify, qualify and initiate partner opportunities and negotiations with U.S. and international companies.
• Develop and effectively communicate partner value propositions for both partners and the portfolio.
• Manage necessary integration/communications to ensure smooth partner hand-off to key internal stakeholders for full activation of partner opportunities.
• Represent partners internally and communicate value to key stakeholders
CANDIDATE PROFILE KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
• Four or more years’ experience in the management of partnerships or alliances and/or partnership marketing.
• Previous experience as a successful, high performance leader.
• Brand and/or Marketing experience providing working knowledge of the following areas: strategic alliances, partnership marketing, social media, digital media, promotions, loyalty marketing and direct marketing
• A solid understanding of event marketing, experiential marketing, social media, buzz marketing and entertainment marketing, a plus.
• Strong relationship management, strategic planning, negotiation, communication, and analytical skills
• Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task; Excellent verbal and written communications
• Team player who works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and has the ability to influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability
• Ability to work comfortably with senior management;
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with multiple areas of client including but not limited to Brand Management, Continents, Global Marketing, PR
• Experience working across multiple departments.
• Ability to think strategically and creatively while comfortable with project management details.
• Familiarity with client’s portfolio of brands
• Bachelor’s degree required
• The position may require both U.S. and international travel