Vitamin T's client is a boutique Interactive Agency located in Culver City.
They are seeking a Sr. Lead Digital Project Manager who has 8 + years of experience within interactive + digital projects + experience managing teams.
This position is on-site in Culver City, starts ASAP, and is freelance for about a month long.
They are seeking a highly-motivated Senior Project Manager, Lead to help manage a variety of interactive and technical projects including social media campaigns, photo shoots, video productions, banner campaigns, and the development and maintenance of websites and Facebook apps. The ideal candidate should have a passion for digital marketing and a proven track record of delivering projects on time and on budget. Prior experience working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment is a huge plus. This position will be responsible for partnering with client services, creative, and technology teams to ensure that they are delivering world-class solutions and delighting its clients.
A Senior Project Manager, Lead provides structure and supports the overall vision for assigned projects (e.g. web development, creative, technology, etc.) They are responsible for overseeing and directing multiple projects at a time (within a given brand or client or potentially across multiple brands or clients) while ensuring that these projects meet or exceed internal team and client expectations, and are delivered on-time and on-budget. They are also responsible for the accurate financial management of the projects to which they're assigned.
This individual will interface heavily with senior members of the team to assure that the solution is understood and to addresses the client’s business requirements. As a leader on the delivery team, the Senior Project Manager, Lead is responsible for managing larger and more complex projects. In addition to the project responsibilities, this person may be a key member of a pre-sales team.
PLANNING / NEW BUSINESS:
Plan and manage a range of interactive projects, including complex interactive projects with aggregate budgets in excess of $500,000. Project types may include:
o Website development
o Social media campaigns
o Facebook tabs and applications
o Online sweepstakes
o Interactive games
o Photo shoots
o Video productions
• Communicate information to the team regarding the client's business, needs, expectations, and requirements. Contribute to establishing the project vision.
• Follow client’s planning processes to establish the project team's approach, deliverables, schedule, and tools to deliver the project within known constraints.
• Work with the project team to estimate costs and timing for tasks such as project strategy, functional design, visual design, technology requirements, etc., utilizing established estimating process and tools.
• Write RFPs and lead RFP process to hire vendors for projects.
• Identify the specific tasks and deliverables for a project such as specifications documents, storyboards, images, copy decks, web pages, QA test cases, and so forth, and track the status of each task and deliverable as the project progresses.
• Collaborate with Client Services to write detailed Statements of Work and negotiate project final project and account budgets.
• Collaborate with Client Services to obtain and document client signoff at key points during project.
• Develop project management deliverables including detailed MS Project plans, scope documents, communication plans, status reports, and issue management plans.
• May participate in new business pitches. Work with the new business team to complete project scoping, project sizing, and pricing estimates for RFPs.
• Oversee all activities of the project team and ensure that project tasks are completed by: scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc.), communicating action steps to team, overseeing asset handoffs from team to team, and delivering weekly status reports to project team, the client, and management.
• Develop, maintain, review and/or disseminate all project documentation including status reports, change orders, project schedules, budgets, and post mortem reviews. Ensure that all project documentation is produced in the standard format, follows internal documentation processes and is reviewed and approved.
• Delegate tasks as appropriate to other members of the Project Management team and oversee the completion of delegated tasks.
• Facilitate project execution within the agency, and ensure that information is effectively flowing among the various internal teams.
• Follow standard policies and procedures; recommend improvements as appropriate.
• Work with Project Management team to ensure that projects are appropriately staffed, including both employee and, with appropriate approvals, contract resources.
• Follow internal processes and adjust staffing needs in a timely manner based on project shifts.
• Manage vendor/third party relationships (i.e. such as photographers, stock photo services, and video production).
• Ensure that deliverables are developed on time and that the appropriate team members have reviewed deliverables.
• May sometimes act as a client point-of-contact for all day-to-day project related issues.
MONITORING, SCHEDULING, FINANCIALS, RISK MANAGEMENT, AND MENTORING:
• Mentor and / or manage other members of the Project Management team, and provide insight into best practices for executing complex projects.
• Proactively identify issues and risks. Assess risks and issues; prepare mitigation plans, and present options to project stakeholders. Raise any concerns to their executive team.
• Ensure that quality, cost, budget and time objectives are met by actively managing project schedules, budgets, and risks to ensure projects stay on track.
• Identify changes to project scope and assess the impact of the changes. Follow the defined change control process and prepare Change Requests where required.
• Responsible for delivering work within sold margins, and for identifying and communicating issues causing margin changes.
• Responsible for raising and maintaining awareness of all project issues and risks, and working with appropriate personnel to develop solutions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• 8+ years of project management experience, preferably in a consulting or agency environment.
• Bachelor's degree required. MBA is preferred.
• Proven ability to independently manage complex website development projects and / or complex celebrity-driven video projects with aggregate budgets exceeding $500,000 while meeting or exceeding scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
• History of mentoring and / or managing other project managers.
• Experience writing detailed SOWs and Change Requests for complex interactive projects.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the following: software development life cycles, web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components, media and advertising projects, digital strategy projects.
• Solid understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings.
• Proven ability to multitask and work under high pressure situations.
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with senior management and influence cross-functional teams without direct authority.
• Tenacious attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to be deadline oriented.
• Strong team player; ability to assist with facilitating teams and clients.
• Ability to identify problems and develop potential solutions.
• Strong Microsoft Project and MS Office skills.
• Excellent customer liaison and facilitation skills, with exceptional follow-through skills to drive tasks to timely completion, with a focus on detail and results.
• Self-starter with ability to quickly understand new tasks and see tasks through to completion with minimal oversight.
• Financial and PM report writing skills, including the ability to create financial models in Excel.
• Strong quantitative / cost accounting skills are required.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Vitamin T's client is a boutique Interactive Agency located in Culver City.