Candidates should have creative vision, be a strategic thinker and a strong communicator who can understand and engage with a wide variety of other disciplines and external owners/project managers.
Specific Expected Contributions
• Contributes to the interior design quality assurance program for assigned projects. Reviews and/or develops interior design concepts for assigned projects.
• Presents and sells Brand design concepts and strategies to project stakeholders to inspire, educate, guide, and influence design outcomes.
• Works as a collaborative member of a multi-disciplinary, high-volume, deadline oriented design and project management team.
• Provide information, interpretation, and guidance to internal and external stakeholders for adapting brand standards to projects.
• Develop and maintain an expertise on the prototypical FF&E plans and specifications for assigned select service and extended stay brand(s).
• Develop FF&E quantity take-offs based upon drawings submitted by external clients.
• Track, maintain, and report project data and milestones utilizing a database tool.
• Maintain and update project review templates and quality control checklists
• Communicate and coordinate with Global Design Strategies team to develop, update, and maintain brand standards documentation.
• Maintains awareness of pertinent interior design and architectural industry knowledge and product innovations.
Specific Candidate Profile
4-year degree from an accredited interior design program.
Minimum 6 years experience in the hospitality design industry.
NCIDQ certificate preferred
Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
Customer service focus
Knowledgeable about innovation & trends both in & outside of industry
Strong business acumen and strategic thinking ability
Strong creative design and problem solving skills
Ability to read and interpret architectural / interior design drawings and contract documents
Ability to negotiate and be flexible when appropriate
Strong project management skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities and resources
Ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced, deadline oriented environment as a member of a collaborative team.
Proficient in using Microsoft Office, scheduling, project & database management software (e.g., Microsoft Project, AutoCad, Bluebeam, Adobe.
Knowledge of FF&E specification software