Are you a tech-savvy Interaction Designer who has experience designing for web applications such as enterprise software or SaSS? Do you have portfolio that showcases strong interactive prototypes? If so, our top Entertainment client is seeking a Sr. Interaction Designer for a 7 month temporary assignment with full benefits! The assignment has potential to extend if it's a good fit!
As an Interaction Designer, you have a strong technical background and work closely with Engineers, Product Owners, Business Analysts and Lead User Experience Designers to translate complex business requirements to intuitive, usable and efficient enterprise products.
Your job is to make sure that our products are intuitive, accessible and usable to our Cast Members (employees).
You're a well-rounded individual, organized, and extremely collaborative with strong interaction, visual, and problem-solving abilities, a passion for simplifying a complex problem space, and a desire to craft delightful, useful, and efficient experiences for our users.
You design and lead the UI construction for complex projects with a broad scope and evolving objectives.
You contribute to the overall product strategy through concept generation, prototyping and close collaboration with the Lead UX. You craft and conduct experiments with real users to validate and improve the experience.
You’ll be joining a talented (and friendly!) team of UX designers, product owners and engineers who are bringing great design into the enterprise space at the Walt Disney Studios. We focus primarily on products that are used by our Cast Members (employees). This position reports to the Senior Manager, User Experience.
● Assume the role of the user’s voice in your cross-functional group in order to help to define product requirements.
● Execute innovative interaction design concepts in a fast-paced environment while always keeping user needs at the forefront.
● Advise and collaborate with Lead UX designers, engineers and researchers to refine user interactions from concept to release.
● Strategize, brainstorm and define approaches that optimize design implementation.
● Proactively look for opportunities for reuse. Adhere to the interaction style guide and interaction uniformity within and across projects.
● Contribute and execute against the current design strategy and direction.
● Ensure the delivery of designs and prototypes are appropriate for the engineering team.
● Create new designs, including (but not limited to) user flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
● Communicate design intent to both internal and external teams. Clearly rationalize and justify design work and advocate for users’ needs.
● Collaborate with, and develop mutual respect and trust with, Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Engineers.
● Participate in user experience research and usability studies.
● Rapidly iterate on development of prototypes based on input from user testing findings.
The candidate should have 5+ years’ experience in Interaction Design, Information Architecture or User Experience positions designing for web applications (Enterprise software or SaSS
● Excellent communication, collaboration, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
● Strong proficiency with interaction design/ux principles and skills creating design deliverables including IA documentation, journey maps, rapid prototyping, site maps, concept diagrams, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, and annotated comps.
● Ability to anticipate and design for user needs by incorporating research, strategy and analytics.
● Ability to create complex, high fidelity prototypes using at least one of the following tools – Axure, Atomic or invision.
● Working experience with design tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe suite, etc.
● Solid understanding of web and mobile (native) technologies.
● Strong process orientation and documentation abilities.
● A passion for data and enterprise grade applications.
● Ability to work independently, while escalating issues as necessary.
● Experience with the agile development methodology and ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with aggressive development schedules.
● Excellent visual/verbal communicator with strong presentation and storytelling skills (i.e. ability to present to variousl evels/groups)Preferred Qualifications
**Focused on systems for internal employees (Sales/Finance/Tracking assets across the Enterprise - - - - - not consumer facing, so will be focused more on the content and usability/flow as opposed to creative design. Want to set the stage that in this role, the worker will not have much creative input. Backgrounds and experience in Corporate environments would work out well in this role.