Sr. Instructional Systems Designer
The Senior Instructional Systems Designer will be responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, and evaluating high quality training content for technical and non-technical learning programs. This position will have the responsibility of developing and administering training curriculum within a call center environment at multiple sites, and for creating training plans, instructional development, modification and reporting. The ideal candidate requires strong project management and learner needs assessment/evaluation skills in order to deliver quality outputs on time. The Senior Instructional Systems Designer will work collaboratively with management and cross-functional partners to determine appropriate learning outcomes and competencies for produced instruction. They will work closely with designated subject matter experts (SMEs) various staff members, external experts and other stakeholders. The candidate must be able to work independently and with many different teams on simultaneous projects, as well as, lead and manage project teams on learning projects ensuring successful and on-time delivery of commitments
• Oversees development of appropriate training materials and programs applying adult learning principles and systematic instructional design to create learning curricula that best suites the needs of the content (includes online, classroom, virtual instructor-led training and blended learning).
• Design and develop exercises, tutorials, job aids, assessments, virtual modules, and other methods of learning including social or connected learning strategies.
• Perform needs analyses using available data and evaluate program results to continuously improve learning effectiveness.
• Establish a process to gather and evaluate data and feedback from end of course surveys, student evaluations, student application and student performance into the training effectiveness evaluation process.
• Support and incorporate use of our Knowledge Base into learning methods and strategies; support and help drive knowledge centered support methodologies.
• Works with subject matter experts to ensure that the course objectives are defined and met, the appropriate instructional method and learning principles are selected to the development of each product.
• Oversees aspects of course quality including content, editorial, and overall presentation of material, tracking and resolving issues through LMS.
• Present in-person trainings as a necessary component of producing and refining trainings.
• Deliver train the trainer sessions via ILT or virtual training.
• Proactively research training industry trends (Gamification, creating web-based learning programs, virtual training capabilities, training tool/platforms, etc.)
• Provide leadership and guidance on overall design strategies for large-scale virtual projects.
• Develop design strategies so that learning programs are easily modified in a rapidly changing environment.
• Lead and manage design teams following project management methodologies.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Instructional Design, e-Learning or Education is required.
• 7+ years professional work experience or applicable advanced degree and 5 years professional work experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of current instructional theories and principles applicable to both online and instructor-led learning programs.
• Minimum of 3 years in Development of creative and engaging training materials for adult audience, in a variety of formats and media as well as storyboarding and user guides.
• Minimum of 3 years demonstrated proficiency in designing, building, and deploying instructor e-learning modules using real-time technology and the ADDIE model of curriculum development with an emphasis on Constructivist approaches.
• Minimum of 3 years of project management in a learning environment.
• Experience utilizing the Kirkpatrick 4 Level Assessment for training curriculums.
• Experience in utilizing the various levels of Bloom’s taxonomy to construct learning objectives in the Mager and similar models.
• Minimum of 3 years experience leading design teams and developing design strategies for a learning organization.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High level of honesty and integrity.
• Strong work ethic.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
• Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Results oriented.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Must be an effective team player.
• Proficient knowledge of MS Office productions: Outlook, Word, PPT, Excel
• Excellent personal computer skills, including all MS Office applications are required. Experience with Articulate Storyline 2.0, SharePoint, GoAnimate, Emaze, Powtoons, and Prezi is required.
Physical Requirements: Occasionally requires lifting as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities.
Working Conditions: Fast paced, Retail Call Center environment. Majority of work performed on a personal computer in a seated position. Ability to travel to work locations support training projects/curriculum development. Work schedule may start as early as 7:00 AM. Weekend work, extended hours and flexible work schedule may also be required.