This client uses self-developed workflow software that allows end users to connect to many different systems to support Contract and Membership Administration activities. 140 users in 12 different departments use this system daily. The system is built on a Visual Basic 6 platform and is being converted to the .NET platform. In addition, there are a few enhancements that removed hard coding, eliminated coded interfaces and improved the user experience. This position will support the creation of user documentation for the updated system, create new training curriculum, and deliver end user training.
Primary Responsibilities include:
1. Support the creation of user documentation:
• There is currently little documentation for each of the departments using the system and users do their data entry differently. This staff member would review existing documentation and/or create new documentation, and create user documentation in combination with the System Administrator and other members of the QA & Training team.
2. Create training curriculum
•Training needs to be delivered to 5 different audiences and provided in a way to ensure that staff knows how to do their work in the .NET platform and there’s a seamless transition from VB6 to .NET; and that everyone understands the standardized way of doing data entry. Training curricula need to be put together that meet these goals and accommodates different adult learning styles. Some components of this work are comparing what is different in VB6 and .NET from a look, feel and navigation perspective and creating an instructor guide. In addition to having curriculum development experience, the ideal candidate would also have change management experience to help staff through the process of learning and doing their work differently.
3. Deliver end user training
•This position would deliver training to all 140 staff through a combination of lecture and lab/hands on opportunities. S/he would track who is enrolled in which sessions and ensure the room is set up and has needed equipment etc. with the assistance of the project manager. S/he would also create an evaluation, distribute it and summarize results.
4. Other duties as assigned
•Because of the dynamic nature of the work and competing priorities for other team members, this individual would be asked to take on additional tasks as needed to support the project.
Top 3-5 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Work collaboratively with Project Manager, System Administrator and other staff on the QA & Training team to complete deliverables while meeting the quality and timeline needed. (User documentation, QA testing).
2. Learn what’s changing/not changing for users and determine ways of communicating and teaching this information to staff to ensure adoption of new processes (curriculum development and training)
- Experience creating user documentation based on interviews and observations
- Experience designing and delivering training curriculum for various audiences and learning styles that resulted in standardized data entry and behavior change adoption
- Ability to be flexible and draw on a multitude of skills technical and interpersonal skills to deliver on project deliverables
- Experience with adult learning
- Experience creating training curriculum for users and instructors
- Change Management Experience—helping staff learn new ways of doing work, resulting in long-term behavior change
- Ability to work on a collaborative, multidisciplinary team
- Clear, concise writing adjusted for different audiences
- Ability to build relationships with staff members across different functions and departments
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to communicate to different audiences and learning styles
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs