Provides innovative, timely and cost-effective creative design solutions across multiple disciplines to help our internal and external partners grow their business while meeting the brand and product objectives. Receives and responds to requests from internal and external customers and effectively translates into creative marketing support collateral and advertising programs. Works independently and takes direct responsibility for assigned programs from conceptual development to final delivery of creative materials. Receives strategic creative direction from Director of Retail Marketing and Senior Vice President of Marketing. Works directly with various vendors and freelance designers to complete projects as needed.
*1. Acts as Creative Services Department liaison with representatives from the Company’s sales function and external customers/dealers to support sales and marketing objectives as well as other needs of the Company. Receives and responds to requests for advertising materials from internal and external customers, and prioritizes work in order to meet project deadlines. Manages workload independently with minimum supervision.
*2. Takes direct responsibility for execution of assigned strategic marketing programs and develops innovative and effective creative programs that span all creative disciplines including print, online, video, multimedia, display and collateral. Works both independently and collaboratively with other internal/external partners to ensure all projects are completed in a timely manner, includes securing vendor quotes, shipping marketing materials to customers and other partners, directing photography shoots and following up as needed to ensure all tasks are complete, timely and accurate.
*3. Develops new business and key-account marketing and advertising creative materials in support of our retail partners including collateral development, point-of-purchase display, logo development, print and web advertising development and presentation materials as directed by Director of Retail Marketing.
*4. Under the direction of Director of Retail Marketing, leads development of advertising materials including print ads, price tags, inserts, brochures, logos, outdoor and in-store posters, electronic and digital media, newsletters and various other multi-media marketing materials within our branding and legal requirements. Writes copy for marketing materials as needed.
*5. Works with and manages direction for various vendors and freelancers to complete projects. Tracks all shipments of advertising items for items shipped internally and by outside vendor. Maintains related records, and follow-ups as needed to complete projects from concept to final printing and delivery as needed.
*6. Presents creative concepts to marketing team and managers when necessary.
*7. Maintains internal documentation including requests, turnaround times and outcomes. Organizes and maintains various records, files and reports including shipping lists and expenditure records for Creative Services and Marketing Departments.
8. Coordinates and/or provides assistance for special projects and assists other departments as needed.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
2. 3-5 years experience in retail advertising/marketing or related experience (or Associate’s degree with 5+ years related experience)
3. Knowledge of Quark Express, Photoshop Illustrator, PowerPoint, InDesign and Acrobat in Mac environment
4. Familiarity with marketing design, retail advertising and digital production
5. Experience directing/coordinating photography shoots
6. Familiarity with printing processes, various photo formats and applications
1. College level coursework in advertising or marketing
2. Experience in retail advertising production
3. Familiarity with direct mail campaigns
4. Experience developing original point-of-purchase displays for retail environments
5. Familiarity with fabric, embroidery and dye-sublimation processes
6. Familiarity with Flash Animation and HTML
7. Familiarity with Video Editing suites such as Final Cut Pro
1. Conceptual thinker with an eye for design and attention-to-detail.
2. Quick learner that can understand company direction and industry developments in a fast-paced environment.
3. Effective communication and interpersonal skills to deal with internal and external customers
4. Artistic ability and typography skills
5. Must have excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail
6. Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and handle a project from start to finish
7. Ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple projects and work positively under pressure
8. Ability to interpret and support standards, policies and procedures established by Serta or pertinent external forces
9. Ability to provide specific direction to outside vendors/freelancers to complete creative objectives