The client is the leading e-commerce kids clothing subscription service, looking for a Sr. Graphic Designer to join their team for a contract-to-hire, 40 hrs/wk onsite role in San Francisco, CA.
As the Sr. Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for our highly visible acquisition & growth funnel that communicates to potential customers, particular non-members – this includes: paid media ads, landing pages, emails, promotions, education material, and site assets. You’ll work closely with our marketing and acquisition teams to strategize and launch campaigns to increase traffic and conversions, producing content for all non-member experiences. Working on multiple types of projects, you’ll have to be good at managing your time and priorities as well as resourceful and flexible. As the Sr. Graphic Designer you’ll be expected to tackle multiple problems at once and coach more junior designers in their craft.
This position will report to the VP of Creative.
- Create visually compelling designs that are aligned with our brand and business strategy and appeal to internal & external audiences.
- Shape marketing content by distilling complex messages into compelling yet simple visual narratives, utilizing a keen eye for typography, hierarchy and layout to produce emotional and engaging communications.
- Own the conception, creation, and evolution of all paid-media ads and landing pages coming from a number of different channels, but mainly Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. We are looking for new ideas, a strong aesthetic point of view and a desire to design results-driven creative.
- Educate and communicate to our non-member consumers through the design of daily emails, one of our strongest brand channels.
- Set the aesthetic for all non-member promotions while being creative with typography, tone and color. Lead custom designs for each promotion, with execution of supporting assets both throughout the site and email experience.
- Have a skilled eye for going through a multitude of photos and selecting the best images for our ads, landing pages and non-members site experience.
- Stay abreast of current trends and love researching. We are always sharing creative that inspire us and sparks new ideas to work towards.
- Mentor and provide design feedback to junior designers when needed.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN:
- Extensive graphic design experience and an eye for detail, great creative and typography
- Familiarity with a data informed approach to design. You have experience optimizing campaigns for various objectives, using tools and resources needed to measure the success of design decisions (A/B testing tools, Google Analytics, etc.). You are motivated by results.
- The ability to synthesize complex project requests by asking great questions to clarify, refine, and understand the scope of the problem you’re solving.
- The ability to adjust quickly to shifting approaches, situations, and priorities
- A scrappy, resourceful approach to projects — you’re proactive and great at self assigning tasks.
- A passion for unpacking and solving complex problems where there are many dependencies and interactions with different systems or areas.
- E-commerce, retail/etail industry experience
- Growth marketing and designing for customer acquisition experience
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
NICE TO HAVE EXPERIENCE IN:
- Photo experience on set
- Copywriting and written communication skills
**An updated portfolio must be provided to be considered for this role
If you're interested or know someone who is, please apply now or email me directly with your updated portfolio, annual salary and hourly rate, and availability to interview/start!