Our client is looking for a contract to hire, Sr Graphic Designer with a mix of digital and print to work out of the NYC, NY office.
Start date asap and is contract to hire.
• Develop graphics and patterns for different applications (all over prints, placed graphics, embroideries)
• Develop and present design concepts to the team
• Participate in the conceptual development of product lines (i.e., ability to communicate and sell ideas/concepts)
• Research concepts, materials and trends
• Ensure that product is of high quality and consistent with market trends, as well as business strategy
• Pass off clean files with proper dimensions and Pantone call outs to production
• Review samples, making corrections as needed
Skills and Requirements
• 4+ years of experience designing for hard goods (soft goods is a plus!)
• Excellent eye for color and design
• Strong conceptualization, sketching and ideation skills
• Strong understanding of trends and how to apply them to product
• Understanding of materials, printing techniques
• Strong knowledge of color separation, color reduction, textures, repeats, etc.
• Deep understanding of Adobe programs
• A collaborative attitude and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in this fast-paced environment
• Strong communication and project management skills with a strength in managing multiple deadlines
• Hard work ethic, desire to learn and grow
• Ambitious, outgoing, self-driven and a joy to work with in a team environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Textiles