Aquent's eCommerce client is looking for a top-notch Senior Full Stack Developer to help lead their digital transformation into the future. Magento Certified Developer certification a must have.
They are building an entirely new digital platform to unlock their online potential. As the Senior Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and support of a critical web applications layer architecture and various back end systems supporting e-commerce and other digital initiatives. They are looking for someone that can design a complex system and can also carry out the coding and deployment of this system. We are not asking you to do everything yourself, but need generalists that can pitch in where needed!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead development efforts in an agile software development environment, participate in sprint planning, task breakdown, and daily stand ups
2. Work with business partners to understand objectives and translate these into a system level design and implementation
3. Implement web designs that are asynchronous, responsive, and provide a rich user experience across platforms
4. Design and implement new frameworks and software that meets their standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability
5. Create rapid prototypes to vet new design, interaction, and integration concepts.
6. Recommend new technologies, technical design, and user interactions that will help differentiate the digital experience
7. Work with vendor and employee resources to deliver projects on time and with a high level of quality as measured by performance, uptime, and maintainability
8. Troubleshoot and solve production issues related to performance and reliability throughout the software stack
9. Proactively identify bottlenecks in the system and work to resolve these issue before they become a problem
1. Technical Skills - Assess own strengths and weaknesses; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
2. Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
3. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
4. Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
5. Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through with commitments.
6. Active Listening - Ability to listen and understand direction and embrace brand strategies to produce excellent results; Willing to accepts creative critique and coaching on projects.
7. Adaptability - Adapts to change in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
8. Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Including appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
9. Dependability - Follows instructions; Responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals,; Completes tasks on time and notifies appropriate person(s) with alternate plan.
10. Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that get others' attention.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, monitors and phones. On location for shooting video or in the film studio, the position will use professional cameras, lights and sound equipment. The work environment is typically quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. This is a largely sedentary role while editing film. While performing the editing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use his or her hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
This is a full-time position. Typical work hours include 40 hours per week Monday through Friday. Occasional night and/or weekend work is required on an as-needed basis.
No travel could be required for this position. All travel cost incurred are paid as outlined by Federal and State guidelines.
Preferred Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- 8+ years of experience with object oriented languages such as JAVA, C++, C#, or PHP
- 8+ years of experience in E-commerce systems with focus on scalable distributed systems
- Fluent in modern front-end web framework such as Angular, React, or Ember
- Fluent in the following languages; HTML5, CSS, JS, PHP, and SQL
- Preferred working experience coding, using and designing REST APIs
- Strong preference for working experience with Magento 2.0
- Experience in designing and building web services, SQL Database, and cloud based architectures
- Ability to identify and follow a software bug regardless of where the search may lead you in the application stack.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex performant software systems that have been successfully deployed
- Experience evangelizing new technologies, process, and methodologies
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science preferred
Nice to Have:
- Proven track record of integrating PHP applications against existing APIs
- Zend Developer Certification
- Experience working within Agile methodologies
- Mobile optimized and/or responsive web application development skills
- Previous experience utilizing Prototype and jQuery
- Ability to setup and manage Apache and MySQL Server for local, staging and development environments
No sponsorships available. All talent must currently be authorized to work in the United States.