Currently looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer with experience and a passion for building digital products. The ideal candidate is excited about working on cutting edge services, eager to build products that are used by millions of users, has the skills to write maintainable code, and is passionate about working on products that extend beyond the desktop to touch interfaces.
This is an opportunity within a bootstrapped, profitable company of 30 employees who work to provide a rich, full-featured set of services to many different types of professional photographers throughout the world. Whether it's proofing and end client sales in galleries, or business management in the form of contact management and invoicing, they strive to be the one clear platform for a professional photographer to use in operating all aspects of their business.
They believe that a product ships when it's done and meets their standards. They make product decisions that they believe are right for their customers while committing to iterating and improving functionality when needed. They work quickly and strive for high quality in all that they do. They empower their employees to think creatively and take ownership of their work.
- A solid understanding of best practices for HTML5/JS/CSS
- Experience with AngularJS is required
- Experience with CSS and pre-processors (Less, Sass, etc.)
- Experience with concerns in highly-trafficked environments (CDNs, use of minification, etc.)
- Experience with moderately complex code bases
- Decision-making abilities writing code to balance meeting requirements, while being modular and reusable when appropriate
- Experience using version control software
- Ability to pay attention to detail and the highest standards of execution
- Varied digital experience including mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Experience working with SVGs is a plus
- A working understanding of server-side implementation details; the more experience the better
- Ability to self-organize, manage their own time, and ultimately meet deliverables
- Lead architecture and implementation of front-end projects
- Working with user experience and visual design departments to understand requirements and scope of work
- Working from requirements, wireframes, or prototypes to inform architecture and implementation of front-end applications
- Guide and review architecture and implementation details of various front-end projects lead by other team members
- Serve as a mentor to other development team members
- Contribute to and enforce front-end development standards
- Conduct code reviews of moderately complex projects as they progress through development
- Contribute to organization of tasks among larger project teams
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, generous 401(k) match, flexible PTO plan, annual vacation stipend, and weekly company-paid lunches. If you are a forward-thinker, team player and live near Atlanta, GA or are willing to relocate - please apply to this posting for more information.