We have a fantastic opportunity for a Sr. Front End Developer to join a growing digital agency in Portland, OR. Our client offers a true work/life balance - We know, everyone says that, right? - this is real deal, with a 40/45 work week, flexible hours and laid back agency culture. This team of developers are passionate, clever people who are constantly improving their skills to keep up with technology. Join this group and work on challenging projects to produce high-quality work in a collaborative, creative setting. Front-end developers work directly with designers, project managers, back-end developers, and devops engineers to create super-smooth responsive websites for clients based on their home-grown open-source CMS. This client is looking for craftspeople who use styles, scripts & markup as the tools of their trade.
- You confidently code clean, modern HTML, CSS & JS (vanilla.JS) , AJAX or jQuery
- You focus on the readability & maintainability of your code
- You understand and implement cross-browser compatibility
- You strategically choose solutions that support efficiency in rendering, loading, and painting of the page on the full spectrum of devices and networks without sacrificing UX
- You value design aesthetics while seeking opportunities to leverage new techniques
- You are comfortable with Git
- You take personal responsibility for your deadlines, code quality, and tasks
- You communicate effectively & work well across an organization
- You have a design eye and are able to work hand and hand with designers
- You have experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with VueJS or similar JS MVC s
- You are adept at creating and maintaining your development environment
- You are active in the wider development community via open source contributions, social networks or actual physical interaction w/ humans in the industry
If this sounds like you, apply now! Please include links to online work samples and/or code with your submission.